Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Of Course :)

Ha! Finally a moment when I can sit and put up a post.

And I am eating chocolate cake, too! Life is good right now.  ;D

During the Inauguration last week, I broke my normal week-day work mode and set aside my priority quilting to fiddle with things I could do while watching everything. I was interested in the ceremonies themselves, but also somewhat leery that crazy stuff might break out, and so I was compelled to watch.

I did my temperature dots, and I finished the last of my Forever My Valentine blocks!


This lady was a Bad Girl!

For the last couple of months, every weekend I spent a good deal of time going through the various storage spots I have for BOMs and other projects. Each one is in its own box, and different areas (armoire, chest of drawers, shelves in the storage room. . . ) house particular types of projects. I can normally find something specific very quickly. 

But while I was originally working on this block in late 2019, we had unexpected visitors and I had to quickly clear everything. And the little baggie with the laser-cut applique pieces went someplace totally different from where I normally put it. I couldn't find it the next time I pulled that BOM out, so I skipped the block and went on to the others. 

The others got finished. No baggie had shown up. It wasn't in a single storage spot. I went through every. box. of. every. project. I went through the two places I squirrel non-quilting stuff away into when I have to lickety-split clean house for company. Not there. Or there. Hmm.  OK. Maybe I'd accidentally thrown it out? 


So last Monday or Tuesday I gave in and searched online and found some of the fabric I could buy to make the larger pieces with. I had only a smattering of small scraps from the pre-fused pieces of the other blocks to work with. I spent an hour or so working up an applique layout pattern from the photo and the background hearts of the started work. . . and got to thinking about something Rebecca Grace had shared about finding something with another project that had been out.

Hmmm. What priority work *had* I been working on at that time? Digging back through time, I found that it must have been the quilt I'd been binding to take to Scott's cousin, Don. I wonder. . . I said to the cat, and went to to the storage room to where my big bins of stash are kept. 

Lo, and behold! There was that renegade little baggie of prefused applique pieces, stuck between two of the purples I'd used in Don's quilt! I hadn't touched the purples bin since working on that quilt, so it hadn't been seen yet from work with stash. 

Do you know how many hours I'd spent searching through Every. Single. Area. And. Project. Box.??  (And I have a *lot* of them.)  Pretty crazy!  But I did a very nice cleaning-up of it all, so there's that. 

And now my BOM board has the full set to be pretty at my piecing station until its next weekend turn comes up.


Guess I can make coordinating pillows with the fabric I ordered.  It just arrived with today's mail. Heh!

Anyway. I'm finished blabbering, and 1/2 a piece was enough cake to make me happy - so I'm going to go back to wrestling with the king size borders that are my focus today.

Hope you're having a good afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. I “lost” a fussy cut ruler that way once. I went through every project I had been working on. The next day I remembered that I had pulled out my blue fabric bin to add to some other pieces to my quilt and then put it away. I opened my bin and there among the fabric pieces was my ruler.
    Your heart blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy have I been there and done that! Still I can not find a small mug rug I made for someone and am wondering if I got it done and mailed it already!!!! But the fabric I find is amazing. So goes the life of a quilter right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.