Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Saturday, January 30, 2021

~ Flimsy Alert! ~ Garden of Dreams

   I can't believe how many UFO quilt tops have reached flimsy stage this month!

This is my king-sized "Garden of Dreams," a huge 119 x 110 inches.

It's a Georgie Gerl design for Kona Bay Fabrics that I tweaked to upsize it. I didn't want to just add 26 inches of border, so I inserted space between the columns, broadened the final border, and added another border on the sides.


Fun story - when the plumber was working on replacing the water heater a couple of weekends ago, this quilt's center was in 3 large pieces, draped over the sofa on that floor. He asked me "Is that to be a quilt? Are you a quilt person? Because that's beautiful." It really is pretty fabric, with gold highlights here and there in the prints.

I first worked on this quilt top in April 2014. I don't know why it got boxed up. . . wait, I bet it was to turn the dining room into an actual dining room for Easter Sunday. Ha! But then, for whatever reason, it didn't get pulled back out? And it's one I've wanted for our bed.

But here it is a complete flimsy! It is no. 1 on my APQ-sponsored UFO challenge list for piecing, but I want this on my bed this year. As soon as I get my post-Covid stamina built back up to several hours a day on my longarm (and catch up my no. 7 and no. 2), I'll slip this one in for quilting!

Linking up at Tish's UFO Busting party and Sarah's Whoop! Whoop!

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Lynette! Looks like it will be fun to quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lyn! And yes... you are a quilt person 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lyn! And yes... you are a quilt person 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is an absolute jaw dropper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.