Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Friday, January 29, 2021

~ Flimsy Alert! ~ Winter Woodland

 I'm on a mission this year! Serious UFO mitigation going on.

I finished my #7 for the APQ January draw last week, so this week I grabbed an off-list project to hit. 

This one is Winter Woodland, a Deb Mosa design. It is 70 x 80 inches


I bought this kit some time before January 2012, but didn't touch it until January 2018, when I used it as a break from whatever my priority work was at that time. Washed the fabrics and cut everything out, then carefully boxed it for "whenever."

This week it got its Whenever, and is now all grown up into a complete top and has moved to my longarm closet, where it will wait for its next Whenever with a lot of good friends.


It was an easy one to construct - just two blocks: a simple framing of panels, and a log cabin with a large fussy-cut center. Throw on some borders, and: Bam!


 

I really love having my closetful of flimsies. Some are on my short list for attention, others are not. It's awesome to let someone go through it to pick out a quilt I can finish making just for them. I know it will suit their taste and be something they love instead of something that is just "meh" for them. I actually have someone in mind that this might be great for, so it may just end up on the frame before many months have gone by. . . depends on my continuing Covid recovery and how long it takes me to build up to my normal amount of daily time at my longarm. I chip away there, but two 40-minutes sessions a day makes for slow custom quilting work, you know? The end is finally in sight on the horizon for the quilt that's been loaded since the end of September. A couple more weeks ought to do it.


Linking up at Tish's UFO Busting party and Sarah's Whoop! Whoop!

3 comments:

  1. Slow recovery is definitely better than the alternative - glad to hear that you are making progress! And congrats for moving another project from one stage to the waiting to be quilted closet! (My focus this year is to move those long waiting tops OUT of that closet)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just waiting for you to get you mojo back and it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for finishing another kit, and adding it to the to-be-quilted pile. It's especially great if you have a new owner in mind for it. But gosh, I'm very sorry to hear about your continued slow recovery from COVID-19. This has gone on a very long time, and that makes me feel sad for you. Yet, this is a reminder to all of us to continue to be diligent about the way we behave and interact with others. My hubs and I continue to stay at home, except for necessities, and have our names on a very, very long Florida waitlist for a vaccination. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.