Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Q2 List

When you break your hook assembly, you use the down time to do your Q2 list a few days ahead of time and get some decent housework done. . .  heh!

The 2018 Finish-a-Long program, combined with 18 in 2018, worked tremendously well for me during the first quarter - I made a list that was purposefully over-ambitious, thinking I'd be happy with 4 finishes, but I actually finished 8 of them! So I'm doing the same thing, with a ridiculously long list.

First, so you have a tiny bit of eye-candy, here are the current views at my piecing and quilting machines:

Tulip Garden - A kit that has been in my storage probably since 2010ish, I just need to add the borders to finish this flannel quilt top that I've been working on here and there the past few weeks.





Dolly's Vintage Dresden Plates -  A customer quilt that should have had a good start from yesterday afternoon to share today, but I broke my hook assembly, so it's in limbo until Laura The Magnificent can come over to replace the machinery and set the timing. . . Itching to get to work on this!
  
















~*~*~*~


And now, here's my Q2 LIST OF QUILTS for the complete finish by June 30th:

(I'd be truly flabbergasted if all of these were checked off, and very happy with 6.)
1. Snowy Owls – a pretty panel that was quilted onto some minky on Valentine’s Day. Still needs binding
2. The 70,723 Project quilt #392 – My first quilt for THIS CAUSE, definitely not the last, this top was assembled by a woman in North Carolina.
3. Raven's Throne - Row quilt 2 of 6 requested by Scott for his office
4. Hands 2 Help Quilt – because community service warms the heart
5. The April UFO Challenge #5, "Devon's Quilt" – Queen size double wedding ring started beginning of 2015 or end of 2014, last worked on Dec 2017. Need quilting of the wide applique borders.
6. Baby quilt for Heather's preceptor - to use some of the hot air balloon fabric
7. Borealis Ridge - Row quilt 3 of 6 requested by Scott for his office
8. The May UFO Challenge, #? – to be drawn from my challenge list on May 1
9. Caribou Crossing - Row quilt 4 of 6 requested by Scott for his office
10. Dear Jane – stitched from Aug 2011 to Aug 2013, it has 5,139 pieces and an ambitious quilting plan!
11. The June UFO Challenge, #? – to be drawn from my challenge list on June 1
12. Morning Stroll - Row quilt 5 of 6 requested by Scott for his office
13. Daisy Days - my own quilt that I want for my reading chair, pieced in January and constantly bumped off the longarm list for customers or UFOs
14. Hearts or Modernology - the first top pieced in May 2010, the second from Dec 2013-August 2014
15. Quilted Valance - 
need something pretty to coordinate with Dancing Hearts Longarm Quilting
16. Bicycle Art Quilt - need a good sample for my studio wall
17. Star Study - another sample wanted for my studio
18. Dear Jane - just to get this one on a list  - there is no way on earth it will be finished in Q2   :)

5 comments:

  1. I feel so lacking in things to finish because I only had 2 items when I got back into quilting. Now I have 5 hanging in the craft closet! Maybe I need to have my own finish up challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Broken Hook assembly. Start watching the timing videos! Scary but you feel great when you accomplish it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally read that as "baby quilt for Heather" and had a whaaaaaaat moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an ambitious list! Can’t wait to see how well you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it when I find a fellow long lister! On behalf of the FAL crew, thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.