Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, April 22, 2018

BOMs Away - Journey's End (A Beginning)


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

I have been working myself too much the past three weeks and needed some serious down time today. So all I did in the BOM realm was to cut the neutrals out for my Journey's End kit. 


It's a project that is divided into 6 "intervals" of work. I saw the quilt from this kit when I went to the quilt shop for some backing, and something about the particular color saturation in the repro-style fabrics, combined with the super-cool pieced border called to me.

It will look like this:


Call me crazy for bringing it home - but I know I won't regret it.

How is BOM work going at your place?

~*~*~
Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.


7 comments:

  1. That is an interesting quilt pattern. You are wise to do the prepping ahead of starting the sewing. It is so much more fun when you can just sit and sew and sew and sew. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have liked that pattern for awhile now. It could be a bucket list quilt for me, I think! I will enjoy seeing your progress when you begin this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those houses are great. Thanks for the opportunity to link up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have finally started on my first kit BOM! Funny to have those colour decisions made for me... but sometimes you just need to make your own decision!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a lovely quilt pattern... I've always wanted to make a house one like that... one day :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep coming back to look at this pattern. I really really love it, but then, we always love the same things.

    I wish you luck on getting this one done. It will be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.