Finished the entire inside of "Set Sail" and got the first border attached to protect all those seam ends:
And now it's safely hanging with the other flimsies until I pull it back out to make all those flying geese for the next border.
So the undercarriage is thoroughly cleaned, thread changed, and "Rainbow Jane" is well on her way to being assembled:
Kelly only had about 18 inches left to hand quilt on her 1930s project. She'd had it on a big frame, which I don't have. I needed to problem-solve how to keep it at the same "tightness" she'd had and be able to use a lap hoop during evening TV times.
So I secured the backing to the floor and pin basted the remaining looseness.
I'm thinking I'll remove the ones that get in the way of the hoop rim when I put it in. Hopefully this will let me finish the quilt for her without a huge show of style/set-up difference. The busy print in the border will be hugely forgiving, I know. :)
And now that Heather's into the free-motion portion of her Dragons and the Sapphire is set up the same way I need it, I can get back to finishing up Devon's Earth Monkeys when Heather's not at the machine. Have to settle on the plan to do that, though. I pulled out some of my acrylic boards and played with sashiko motifs. Dev and I still don't know which we like best, so it's all sitting out on the pool table for a couple days while we get different looks at it all and make up our minds.
Check out the difference in appearance when you make the guide grid just 1/4" smaller!