Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, February 28, 2021

BOMs Away - Sage & Sea Glass, a handful of Dots

 


Welcome to the Link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!

Where we share what we're doing on a BOM type project
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom)


Wow! Yesterday I shared the finish of a BOM that was started back in fall 2014. What a huge lifting off my shoulders, but it's always been a favorite.


Just had to peek at Sew Spooky one more time

And since I finished the piecing work for two active BOMs recently, today I pulled out a new one:


Meet Sage & Sea Glass - or, what she'll look like when she grows up. This is a Kim Diehl pattern and fabric set.


After I purchased it in September, I washed all the fabrics and cut and kitted it to use as a BOM - Bag of the Month in this case, versus Block of the Month.

Today I did the Bag 1 sewing:



Above the funky bird, those are 100 little 1 x 2 inch flying geese that are now preening their feathers on my BOM board, waiting for more friends from their project to play with them.


Oh!  and I prepped the next set of Temperature Dots. I decided I'll stitch them up only every 3 or 4 weeks, when I have more per thread color at a time.



 ~*~*~*~

Now it's your turn to share any BOM type work you've done lately. 

:)

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, 
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. Sage & Sea Glass is beautiful! Such lovely colors, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette, are you saying that you bought a pattern and kit, and then you break it down yourself in monthly chunks to help you keep your progress on track? I never thought of doing that, but I like the idea. That Sage & Sea Glass quilt sure will be pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sage & Seagoass is going to be a beautiful quilt. Love the sweet little bird block.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sage and sea Glass will be amazing!

    Your Halloween quilt is amazing as always! I am happy you finished it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.