Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

~ Flimsy Alert ~ "Kashmir"

Hmmm... Rummaging around in the background areas of Blogger to find spam comments to delete en masse, I found this post that was started on Dec 19 and not actually finished!

I finished my Kashmir quilt top that day:

"Kashmir," a Jinny Beyer design - 82 x 82 inches

It was a Jinny Beyer kit that I cut out and kitted up in mid-August 2012. Poor thing sat in my UFO storage room all this time, and look how gorgeous it is!

I hope to be able to slip it into the already-scheduled quilting line-up later this year. Just in case, I'm going to prep the backing and binding this week. 

The nice thing about all the fussy cutting involved with this pattern is that I have enough good bits left over to do more fussy cutting for smaller blocks for another project. I can even get enough border for a wall quilt together. I'm really digging the idea of these combined with pretty greens for a Christmas hanging. I'm looking forward to pulling the box back out on December 1st later this year to do some free-play with it all.  :)



10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I’m glad she is now in the quilting queue.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Lynette! And very cool that you already have a plan lined up for your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top is over the top luscious! I hope you can slip it to the head of the line for quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's super gorgeous! What a lovely surprise, coming across it like that. Love the idea of you using the leftover bits to make another, smaller, project - which I'm sure will be equally lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! That is one amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those scraps will lend themselves to a xmas style... Although the quilt is 👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did something so lovely get overlooked for so long?!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.