Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

February~!

My One Monthly Goal is to finish all the quilting on my Sew Spooky. 


It was loaded onto my frame in late September, but didn't get touched while we visited Scott's mom, and then attended her funeral. Which we got Covid from.  :( 

Since I hadn't stepped foot in my longarm room from before we were exposed (which remains closed to keep kitties out), I left it shut up to keep it virus free in there. It took many weeks for me to have enough energy to even attempt to work at the longarm, so that door stayed "sealed" until January 4th. 

Since then, I've managed to push my physical capability from 30 minutes in a day to two 40 minute sessions in a day. I hope to get up to 1 hour in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon by the end of this week. 

Being a quilt that I wanted to practice a lot of tiny fill work on, its time on the frame has really S T R E T C H E D out over the weeks!

This is the month, though! This baby's going to get finished finally.  


And because that's only a fraction of the time I have available, here is "The Rest of the Story" for February --


Mon-Fri Priority Time: 

Longarm: Sew Spooky > when that finishes, load up UFOq #2 King Size Dahlia

Domestic: FMQ on Moose Lake for Scott > then move to UFOp #2 Down the Rabbit Hole, which needs the rest of the applique on the rabbit borders and the outer diamond piecework border.  [Plus slip in 10 min per day on the secret birds.] [Leader-Ender = Feathered Goose units 4]

Evening hand stitching: 

Finish the first bathroom curtain, and how far will I get on And to All a Good Night? It's possible that might be finished this month; if so, pull out the next Affairs of the Heart block.

Saturday Free-Play: 

Whatever UFO catches my eye (usually ends up being that weekend's BOM)

Weekend BOM times: 

[Temperature dots] and rotate Harmony, Forever My Valentine, and Surfer's Point


That is not as much tasking as it looks to be. With an empty nest house, I have several hours every day that I can devote to quilting things. I spend more time at my domestic machine these days since I have limited physical capability at the longarm. I do completely different work on the weekends from what I do Mon-Fri. I am *not* one of those people who can work on only one project all the time every day for weeks on end until it is finished. That is the fastest way to kill my mojo altogether, and then nothing happens.

Also note that other than my OMG, my list acts not as a whipping post demanding multiple finishes, but more like a bowling lane's bumper rails that keep me focused while I work along. I'm happy with whatever point each of those projects gets to by month's end. This part of my planning is about the journey, not the finishes (although the finishes crop up regularly). 

*If you were looking for the BOMs Away link-up, it is on the last post: BOMs Away Monday 


Linking this post up to OMG February





6 comments:

  1. Loving your progress and finishes post in the last week! You are very inspiring to me with your quilting. Glad you are starting to get some energy back, as well. I have been working on 3 projects at once and will be adding another for a February UFO. I hope I can get some progress on each of them every week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness you poor thing!! That covid got you! I am glad you are recovering. Your quilt is going to be amazing - and as detailed as it is - 30 minutes is actually a lot of quilting time on it!! Enjoy all your piecing and keep getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew Spooky is sooooo gorgeous. The quilting looks fabulous so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spooky quilt is looking so good! I totally understand your need to work within your energy limitations. I haven’t had Covid, but I have CFS and fibromyalgia. These require budgeting my energy. And like you, I never work on only one project at a time.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your spooky quilt!! Bless your heart. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law and catching Covid. I pray your energy returns soon. Don't push yourself too much though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting on your spooky quilt is awesome! So sorry to read about your mother in law and contracting COVID. Happy to read that you are in the recovery phase. Take care of yourself. I hope your energy level returns soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.