Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Friday, July 2, 2021

July! ~

Let's see if I can remember the second half of this month's OMG tasking - to actually post and link my accomplishment.  ;D

First, the first step: Proclaiming my July project.


My One Monthly Goal for July is to get my Chubby Chicks UFO to finished flimsy status. 

I want its orange shoebox out of my storage, its binding made and filed in my bindings drawer, and the quilt top hanging in my longarm closet before this month is out. 

Right now, that UFO looks like this:


This was a kit that I bought who-knows-when - it was in my conglomeration of NETYs (Not Even Touched Yet) that I organized after we moved here summer of 2012. In June 2013, I pulled it out to prewash its fabrics, and our oldest daughter and I got the chick bodies fused down. 

In May this year, EIGHT YEARS LATER, I stitched the bodies, added and stitched the beaks, and stitched in the feet. That was my APQ challenge work. June brought a different focus for that program, and July yet another, so it's tempting to set Chubby Chicks aside again to clear its box off my work station.

I don't want that box sitting on my shelves for another eight years. It's not a priority quilt, so I won't give it any attention without putting it on OMG status. Let's get this baby all sewn up!


Linking this post up to OMG July


2 comments:

  1. It is so nice to know I am not the only one who loses track of a project. Good for effort to put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Chubby Chicks are so darn cute! I love the country feel to the fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.