Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, July 4, 2021

BOMs Away - Harmony


Welcome to the Link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!

Where we share what we're doing on a BOM type project
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom)


Happy 4th of July to all y'all in the U.S. 

One day I'm going to make this pattern that I've had for many years. . .
"Patriotic Rose," by Janet Miller

I was all excited about my BOM work this weekend, thinking I had all the components ready now to assemble the eight arms of the central star for my "Harmony" quilt: 


But, "Oh, bother!"

I sewed two of the sets together the wrong way around. Man! And all my points were so perfect! 

The eight-count set of 4-patches on the top and the 4-patch set on the left all have to have their final seams redone.

Oh, well. Time with Jack at the TV. Slow time with Jack, as all these seams are completely on the bias, and I don't want my pieces warped. . . 



Edit: 
There!  This is what they're supposed to be like - all fixed.  




~*~*~*~

Did your recent BOM work go smoother than mine?  :D

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, 

and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. The colors blend so well for Harmony, I don't know if I would have realized some of the fabrics were in the wrong position if you hadn't pointed it out. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harmony is looking fabulous. I look forward to seeing your progress. I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete



  3. great post!Like your blog, thank you for sharing.
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ╭❤~
    straight bundle luxhairshop
    These contents have greatly helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi :) Your blog contains useful content for humanity, we think it is a work that should be appreciated. You can participate in the web awards event organized by different categories among websites. In this way, you provide visitors to your web page through organic promotions about your website on the toplist, and you also strengthen your place in the channels where blogs gain effectiveness by creating your brand value with promotional evaluations and various social events. If you want to apply with your blog now, you can check the link where you can review the details and Join now.

    Mail: contact@blogaward.tk
    Web: http://www.blogaward.tk

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have days like that, when everything gets sewn together upside down and backwards. That's why God gave us seam rippers, so we don't have to get it right the first time. We only have to get it right the LAST time (no matter how many times I sew it wrong before I get there!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thing you noticed it now! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.