Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Whoop! Whoop! ~ Flimsy Alert! Heather's Graduation Dahlia OMG

I'm so excited to be able to share this Whoop! Whoop!

Heather's Dinner Plate Dahlia (the 2019 Niemeyer Technique-of-the-Month) was my March 2019 project for the Elm Street Quilts OMG challenge, but it's a super doozy to piece, and I'd only marked the work for books 1-3 as my goal.



Instead, as you see, I got all the work finished and have a completed quilt top! This baby took right at 100 hours to paper piece and assemble!!!!  <~~~ TGIFF celebration, definitely!

And it lies perfectly flat when it has enough room to do so and doesn't have to span a flooring edge - makes me a very happy quilter for longarming ease!

This finish point makes me incredibly happy, because now there is most likely plenty of time to have it completely finished for her graduation. I'm going to figure out how to get the caduceus, her school initials, and the year into the quilting for her, which I intend to be every bit as intricate as the Ruffled Roses quilting I did in January. I also want to play up the gold tones more with the quilting and threads somehow.



First, a break from this project, though. I'm going to do the bits of embroidery I'd forgotten to do, and then finish up the quilting on my Sew Spooky UFO (the March pull for the American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge, #APQResolution) before I load this baby on the frame.  :)

~*~*~ Linking up at:

Whoop! Whoop! at Sarah's 
TGIFF Thank Goodness It's Finished Fridays at Kathy's
One Monthly Goal (OMG) at Elm Street Quilts


16 comments:

  1. Whoop! Whoop! Congratulations on a beautiful finish. I've been seeing bits and pieces of this quilt as you've been working on it but I didn't know what the finish would look like. It's amazing! All those little pieces, all stitched by hand, and it lays flat! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, your dahlia quilt is AMAZING!! I'm afraid my graduation quilt is not coming together as speedily as yours, but that's because I keep getting distracted every time I sit down to sew. I can't wait to see how you do the quilting on this one. CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Make that a Double Wow! What a challenge to quilt that - and you did so well. It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!!! It will be stunning when quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is AMAZING! Great job! It is just beautiful1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, awesome!! And I love the kitty on the roof! Keep meaning to ask, is the cat in the middle of your blog header a ragdoll? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dahlia, how stunning, do you have the quilting all planned out?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Dahlia quilt is truly spectacular! Love your spooky UFO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you've got this pieced! You've had the sewing machine in overdrive for sure. Congratulations, can't wait to see the quilting. Enjoy your embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Love your dahlia! Congratulations on meeting your goal and then some!

    ReplyDelete
  11. (sigh) It's stunning. I could look at it all day long. I have looked up the pattern online. I like how she has all the newspaper think paper printed and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning quilt. I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Dahlia, congratulations on this so beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All I can say is WOW! That is one fabulous quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That’s going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.