Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, March 31, 2019

BOMs Away - From the Heart (and April OMG)



Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

I finished block 5 for "From the Heart" - 


Block 6 was already prepped and ready to go, but I had the lightbox out for something else, so I traced out the last two applique blocks for this quilt.

 Normally I trace the pattern lightly with a pencil, but this project has a dark background that hides the pencil too much, so I'm using a non-gel pen on these. (Gel ink smears around too much as you're working these up.) Tracing onto a black background gets quite "inventive", but luckily that's a super rare occurence for me.  :)


I do the backbasting technique for 99.9% of my hand applique. Most of the remaining .1% is when I use Kay Buckley's Perfect Circles for making small or medium berries. 

You can use this method for overlapping pieces, tiny pieces, and even intertwining pieces when you're practiced at it.

 The only non-sewing prepwork you do is to trace the picture onto the back of the background fabric. That's it. (No templates to make! No glue to use! No glue to wash out later or to turn brown if you leave your project sitting for three years. . .  I really love this method.) 

~*~



Can you believe it's April?! This is my last full month of Life as we currenly know it, with big changes coming to all of us as Heather graduates next month and then they move away. 

Do you have big changes this spring, too?




I'm adding my April OMG here, because diving into taxes today is going to ruin my brain for remembering to make another post tomorrow. (We will owe this year, thus the late reckoning - anybody who had wanted to fraudulently claim our tax return this year was more than welcome to it). 

Scott's choice of mini quilts got shoved to the wayside when we started remodeling the master suite last year. So this month, I want to get those back on the active slate. My one must-do goal is to finish his Raven's Throne, which was left in this state:



~*~*~

How are things on your end? Did you do any BOM work this week?
Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, 
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. I sure do love these blocks from this sampler. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your applique block. Can't wait to see the quilting on your daughter's graduation quilt. Have a wonderful week of quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that an Anni Downs pattern? It looks a lot like her kind of design. Very cute. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute basket block! I love it. Did you mean for the linky to be closed already?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Off to a good start! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.