Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, July 11, 2021

BOMs Away Monday - Harmony and Temperature Birds

Welcome to the Link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!

Where we share what we're doing on a BOM type project
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom)


Oh, boy!  Don't you love it when you get to a point in a BOM where you're assembling components into large portions of the quilt?!

Lots of good work on Harmony this weekend. I got very close to finishing the Month 7 Sonata work.

Put the diamonds together:



And got a good portion of the assembly with half of the set-ins sewn:



I'm saving the pressing of the set-ins until I have all 8 in place, to avoid distortion on the bias edges. 

I would have finished the entire star, but I decided going to a movie - Actually going to the theater for a new release! (Black Widow) - was too good to pass up. And then we Zoomed with Devon & Cory for an hour or so, which was really nice. They've had fun getting a nursery all put together for our first grandbaby. Exciting times.  :)

Yesterday I hit the bird bricks for Heather & Pat's temperature quilt that I'm hoping to use for an anniversary present in December. I got 1/4 of the way through fusing down the bird bodies on those. 

These are clipped by rows, and it's funny that we only see a few of the blues. There are several lavenders, purples, teals, and greens in there, too, but the leading bricks for each row (Dec 16th - March something) are all only from the blue spectrum.



Haven't started stitching any yet. It'll likely be my Saturday project for the next couple of months. The left birds mark the lows of each day here in Monument for the first year of their marriage, and the right birds marks the lows of each day in Aurora. They lived an hour apart for the first two years of her med school days, so this quilt speaks of their newlywed story.


~*~*~*~

Have you worked on any BOM type projects recently? We'd love to see your progress!

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides 





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

  1. The center for Harmony is beautiful! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Lynette!! Your Harmony project takes my breath away! It’s so, SO beautiful. Is this a pattern or a kit that I could purchase somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harmony is amazing. Love the applique work. Thank you so much for hosting the link party and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! That lone star with applique' is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my goodness, grandmahood will be a wonderful chapter for you to begin soon! You hear over and over how wonderful it is, but when it happens to you it is grander than you can imagine! Congratulations! I am so super excited for you and hope they live close enough for you to enjoy often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK & HOW I GOT MY EX LOVER BACK.
    MY TRUE LIFE STORY HOW I GOT MY EX LOVER BACK.
    I want to thank Dr Omokpo for saving my marriage. My husband treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my husband has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact: dromokpo@gmail.com that he will help me bring my husband back to being a good man. Then I gave him a try. after 3 days of casting the spell my husband came back home and I forgive him and today we are living in joy and happiness If you are going through any relationship, health problems or broken marriage situation and you want your Ex lover, Ex boyfriend, Ex girlfriend or Divorced husband or wife you can reach him via: dromokpo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.