Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, July 18, 2021

BOMs Away - Lotsa Goodness

 

Welcome to the Link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!

Where we share what we're doing on a BOM type project
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom)


Boy, I was able to square away a lot of BOM work this weekend!

First, here's my finished Sonata Star for the center of my Harmony BOM quilt:

I still need to trim the outer edges, but Scott was using my cutting table today.


Then, I got the month 5 sewing finished for the Neptune BOM:

(top portion made and attached to the 16 wedges)


I got two months of Temperature dots turned and glued onto their backgrounds:

(Marissa's wedding last month supplanted this work, so I had double this time)


And finally, I stitched down quite a few bird bodies for Heather & Pat's quilt, getting through the first four thread colors on the bricks I've fused so far. 

I've fused half of the bricks needed for the quilt. I left the wings for after I've stitched the bodies, so that I don't need to secure my starts and stops. I personally hate "invisible" thread for applique work, so to me the effect I get with different threads is worth the change-over - especially in a situation like this.  

Plus, we went to the movie theater again this weekend!

I'm looking at this page thinking, "How the heck did I get so much done??"

I'll take it!

Particularly since I'm feeling bogged down with the work on my longarm and piecing priority projects. They're each SO INTENSE and never-ending, it was very nice to put them to rest Friday evening and look at completely different things all weekend.


~*~*~*~

Have you worked on any BOM type projects recently? We'd love to see your progress!

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. Sonata Star is beautiful! I say every time you show this quilt that I love the fabric colors, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were very busy . Love all of your project especially Sonata Star. I have always wanted to work on a temperature quilt . Yours looks great. Thank you for hosting the quilt party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harmony and Neptune will be stunners! I love your entryway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.