Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Thursday, August 8, 2019

TGIFF is Here! - Devon's Dinner Plate Dahlia is a Flimsy!!

Hello!  Welcome to this week's Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday hosting spot!


Here is where you can link up your finishes that you're excited/proud/relieved about! Show us your finished quilt, or complicated quilt top, or even a full set of intricate blocks that took you forever to do!
We appreciate your including a link to this event in the post that you're sharing, and when you link up, don't forget to use the URL for your particular post page or image, not the general URL for your blog/album/IG account.  :)


**If you would like to host TGIFF at your blog one Friday, see THIS PAGE for the sign-up link. (You do not need a thumbnail link-up subscription, as the blog managers can provide that for you.) 


We do have an opening for August 23rd if you would like to host TGIFF at your blog that day.  :)

This is a big-deal finish for me to be able to show, even though it's actually a half-way point. If you've ever made one of the more complicated Judy Niemeyer or Jacqueline DeJong quilts, you would know why!!

80 x 80 inches

Many, many hours went into the cutting-out, alone, of this top, and many, many more into the paper piecing and assembly work. But here it is, Devon's "Dinner Plate Dahlia" in the colorway she wanted!

Devon just did a 109-mile bike event at Big Bear Lake in southern California:



This is a Judy Niemeyer paper piecing pattern. 

It has quite a few more spots than normal for her where you have to match intersections exactly. I did a good bit of unpicking and resewing, and I'm well pleased with the end result.


I both dread and look forward to the one I need to get to work on for Marissa. Each of our three girls will have one of these, and then I'm going to make the larger size for Scott & I to put on our king bed. Sometimes I self-commit to the most insane projects!!!!! 


~*~*~

How about you? Have you finished a quilt, or quilt top, or complicated set of blocks recently? We'd love to see your accomplishment!  

Link up a post or IG photo below and look around a bit to help your fellow quilters celebrate a finished quilt or stage!  :)



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

  1. Wow, your flimsy is a beauty 😍. Really, you will make 3 more of them?😱

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your top is lovely! How much bigger is this going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Lynette! What a beauty! So intricate and wonderful. Congrats on getting to this important milestone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! The fabrics you selected are perfect. I don't know when I'll get around to my Fire Island Hosta, hope I can do as good a job selecting fabrics as you do. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhh I have been waiting to see it all together. It is breath taking! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.