Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, August 18, 2019

BOMs Away Monday


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Wow! It's been quite a long time since I've done any "normal" patchwork piecing. 

Putting together the patchwork blocks for my "From the Heart" was kind of fun for a change:


(edited in) Oh! I forgot to say - 

I also finished cutting out all the pieces for Marissa's Dinner Plate Dahlia.
This is the third one of these, and I'm getting faster at it now. It "only" took 9 hours and 40 minutes of cutting to produce this ready-to-go box!


This colorway is a modified kit. It's the Kaffe Fassett choice, but when I was ironing the fabrics after washing them a couple months ago, all the high-contrast dots-Dots-DOTS everywhere kept triggering migraines. Marissa is susceptible to migraines, too, so it didn't take much to decide we wanted to switch out some of the components to get away from that! 

Namely, these culprits, which both had a lot of play in the original kit, used as neutrals against the other very busy prints:


It didn't take too much to tone it down enough to stop triggering migraines. Just two background switch-outs and the big purple arches - all of which are replaced with tamer Kaffe fabrics, so it's still a straight-up Kaffe Fassett Dinner Plate Dahlia.  :)

~*~*~*~

Now your turn: How are your BOMs doing lately?

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, 
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.