Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, February 3, 2019

BOMs Away - Journey's End



Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Apparently, it's a big football day here in the U.S.  ;D  

Doesn't mean anything to me, though. I've been perfectly happy spending the weekend with another old BOM that I pulled back out. 

I sewed the sashes and assembled the center of my Journey's End - 


I used the cornerstone blocks for the border as leader-enders for that, and they're almost finished - 


Then I spent a couple hours cutting up scraps from all the different fabrics for the 504 pieces of the border patchwork - (Sure was nice to fold up all those leftover fabric pieces draped on that back chair and that box, and put them away with my reproduction stash.)


There is a ton of piecing in the border, but it makes the whole quilt:


 I actually got about 1/3 of them put together, but I didn't take a pic, and now I don't feel like going back downstairs. The barometer plunged today, and it's messing with my Lupus. Time to go lay down and read if I don't straight up nap.

Maybe I can get this guy to snuggle with me.  :)


~*~*~

How is your BOM work going right now?

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, 
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.


4 comments:

  1. Journey's End is a lovely quilt! I won't be watching the super bowl. I'll be hand quilting and watching a movie on my ipad. Hope you're feeling better after your nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't get over how much we like the same or similar patterns. I don't have the pattern for "Journey's End" but I have a similar one from Buggy Barn that is on my bucket list.

    Congratulations for a beautiful top done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your journey’s end project. Haven’t linked up in awhile. No reason. But I’m back now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a ton of piecing in the border, but it makes the whole quilt. Look really perfect. Thanks for sharing this one. Now it's time to avail Baby Liquid Soap for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.