Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, May 27, 2018

BOMs Away - A Triple Hitter


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

I hope you're having a nice weekend - I'm kinda excited to have quite a bit of BOM work to share this week.

Today I pulled my "Star Crazy" box out for the first time since I'd finished the final blocks last July. This UFO is definitely an Oldie-But-Goodie - one of the more intense projects I have that I have to take long breaks from at times.

I was able to get in a good several hours worth of work:



The center is assembled and ready for the fancy-pants border work that will follow. I also got the first set of HST border strips assembled, and you can see here what the whole quilt will look like - 84 inch square quilt.



There is some *serious* assembly ahead of me, but I'm happy to be on the final stretch to this quilt reaching flimsy status!


My morning sewing time this month has been given over to my old "Listen with Your Eyes" UFO, and this week I finished the final set of checkerboards, the turquoise/green arcs:




Just about every evening I get a bit of applique time while I catch a show with Scott, and my second Nutcracker has all his pieces now - embroidery bits on each of these will all happen later. 

Presenting my block 2, Herr Drosselmeyer, for the Sue Garman "Classic Nutcrackers" quilt I started this year:





Have you done any BOM work lately?

~*~*~

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.


5 comments:

  1. Star Crazy is beautiful but that checkerboard is WOW! I'm sure the nutcrackers are fun to work on after some of the challenging piecing on the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! Star Crazy is gorgeous. The border will be a lot of work, but it will really set it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. start crazy yay! That goes back a few years for sure. Remember, I quilted mine this past December. You are on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I adore your appliqued nutcracker. What a beautiful keepsake that final project will be! But how do you keep all your edges so precise and accurate. So talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay star crazy progress...I just love this pattern .

    That nutcracker is amazing. If I didn't have so many projects I am eager to start I might add this to the list. Besides, I only want one major hand work project at a time.

    Great work this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.