Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, March 18, 2018

BOMs Away - Bunny Fiestas in Mexico by the Beehives are a little Nuts!


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)


This weekend I got all the pieces for the standing bunnies prepped. Tbere are a lot more pieces in this photo than it appears to have!! Hours and hours here, folks. Have I said how much I hate this particular process? But I do greatly prefer a turned edge on my machine applique, so I suck it up and do it.



Next month I'll focus on getting the other components prepped so I can work out the placement on the extra-wide rabbit borders I'm doing for my "Down the Rabbit Hole." I think I'm just going to add birds, maybe a couple clouds, along with the flowers to fill in the extra space my king-sizing the project created with this round.

But I have other bits of BOM progress to report, too. At my hand sewing "station," I finished the fourth outer corner for "Fiesta Mexico" block 6! That sucker is a good square yard, so lots of applique work just for that one block. I didn't feel like trimming the triangles down and sewing them together yet, so it's all well-supported on the wall until the other blocks are appliqued.



And that left me able to whip up the first block for the new "From the Heart" BOM that I signed up for this year. Just in time, as the second one arrived a couple of days ago.



With that out of the stitching tote, I got out my scrap bins and pulled fabrics for the 4 "Classic Nutcrackers" that I had traced out onto their background a few weeks ago. I didn't have to turn to the stash "proper" very often.  :)



I actually got a wee bit of stitching done on the first one. These will be fun. They'll rotate with Fiesta Mexico and Octopus Garden for my long-term hand work. 




How about you? Did you get any BOM work done recently?



~*~*~
Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.


8 comments:

  1. You've been very busy this week. I love the Fiesta quilt, so vibrant. Prepping is such a pain but I'm always glad I put the time into it when the applique goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bee skep and bee block are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here you go again working on so many gorgeous things at once! You really inspire me so much! I am so in love with your beehive block that I might have to check out the BOM. I certainly don't need a new project but BOMs make it easy to keep up by doing a small amount each month. I enjoy them.

    I completely understand the your rabbit turning. I have a two day training out of town this week and am debating on taking applique to turn or a new quilt to cut out. Hmm? I still have not yet decided.

    Your Mexican Fiesta is to die for! It is intricate and flashy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post with the updates on all your very lovely stitching projects. Didn't that bee mine block turn out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your applique is just amazingly gorgeous! Talk about perfection! That is one thing that has always frustrated me. I've bookmarked tons of websites on methods that make turning easier, but I'm still intimidated. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bunny prep does look like an immense effort. All your UFOs are beautiful. What impeccable appliqué!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got lots of gorgeous projects in the works. I can only imagine how long you spent on the bunnies. You are a stronger person than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you tell me where I can frind "From the Heart" BOM. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.