Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, February 22, 2015

BOMs Away - Wind in the Whiskers



Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays! 
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately. 
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.


The two little pictures on this post represent hours and hours of work today! Who would have thought??




We're basically snowed in, so with a couple of breaks for shoveling duties and one for a "Family Date" to push a car up the hill because there's too much snow down below for it to be left down there, it was a perfect day to work on quilt stuff with various movies being run in the house. Nice to sit with folks and watch something entertaining while you're meticulously cutting. . . cutting. . . cutting. . .    :)




Most of these pieces are double-sided and will hang on a clothesline that will span the mid-section of the panel. When the block is joined to its neighbors, a large tree will be added to the right, and branches will hang across the top. The blossoms and chickadee will get added in with those. Next month I do want to make up the tiny mini quilt that the hearts and kitties are for before pulling out the Block 2 pattern to trace its pieces. The nice thing is that this block was the most involved, so everything else from here is less demanding. Still an astounding amount of work remains, so I'm really glad I'm doing this as a BOM and not as a straight-through project!

P.S. I got good news about my cancer stuff. It remains an unidentifiable lymphoma, but there was only the one spot. It is not showing up anywhere else on the PET/CT studies, and my bone marrow was clean and happy. So - I just have one radiation appointment and a 6-month follow-up so the oncologist can check the size of one neck lymph node that registers large by touch but shows nothing of concern on the PET. I am a very happy camper!

Oh!! And yesterday we had our latest belt test for Taekwondo - raging blizzard and all. 




Two of us got our blue belts and will start in the next-higher class division. I'm a bit apprehensive about keeping up with their workout level, but looking forward to being with some friends again who are a belt ahead of me. I'm really glad our family has been doing this activity together, as I'm very certain the high level of regular exercise has played a large role in helping my body fight the cancer. With an autoimmune condition, this could have been a very different portrait right now. Thank you so very, very much to everybody who sent out prayers and healing energy to me!!

~*~*~*~*~
How about you? Did you get any work done on your BOMs this week?


14 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news! I'm sorry you have to go through it, but like you said, it could have been completely different.
    Yes, those blocks do look like hours and hours of work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on the cancer news - that is such good news for you and your family! I have one finish but it is not a BOM so I didn't link

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got back to sewing. I adore your two projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news on the cancer front. I'm so glad it was caught early!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful news regarding your health!! Phew!! Congratulations on getting your blue belt in Taekwondo. At least if you are going to be snowed in you have that cute quilt to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'm glad you have the "good" cancer - but it would be nice to not have it at all. ;) Love Wind in the Whiskers - you're a brave woman to do that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the good health news. Love love love the blocks and pieces you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful news Lyn...and great to see your lovely smile at tiaquando ...and I just KNOW I have spelt that wrong!.
    Love you Quilty working..silly isn't it..you get snow..here we have heat an bushfires..and no rain on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delighted for you and I love your projects especially the little cats. Sounds like a great way to spend a day chilling out! I'm just gathering fabric for my main BOM this year so nothing done yet and its nearly the end of Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Lyn, what a HUGE relief to get that news! Cancer is so scary. When you hear those words you can't help by fear the worst. I am thanking God that it has turned out this well! Will be praying that the radiation totally does the trick!
    That is so cool that your family does Taekwondo together!
    Well you know I adore that quilt - A major challenge but sew worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great quilt that is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats with the happy news!!!!!
    Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy to read of your positive prognosis! And that quilt... oh wow. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.