Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Friday, March 9, 2012

TGIFF 9 Mar 2012 - It's Finished! Off the BOM list! :D

Wahooo!!!  Look! 


<~~  Over there on the sidebar!  "Amaretto Cottage" is off the BOM list!!


This sucker is the biggest thing I have ever made. Can't even lay it out fully in the house, and as it's raining right now, this is what we get. 


Amaretto flimsy - 112" square!!!
It's absolutely stunning in real life - rich colors, pretty design on-point within a gorgeous floral mitered border. Big hit at guild yesterday. Drat the rain.


Now I need to put together the biggest back sewn in the southeast U.S.  Well - first I have to obtain the fabric. Something like 11 yards of it. Egads!  Then this baby will go to my local longarmer, because there is no way I'm going to shove it through my domestic machine. I contemplated using a quilt-as-you-go method, but as I'm not yet a pro at it, I shied away from those diagonal joins. Last thing I want on this beauty is for its drape to be all nasty.


But, hey - my binding is ready to go! 


(all 475 inches of it)

Linking up (finally!) to TGIFF at Quilt Matters this week and Richard's LAFF. And I can't forget to Whoop it up!  ;D

31 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt top!
    Congratulations on such a big finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is stunning, absolutely breath taking. I love medalion style quilts

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutly beautiful!! You didn't say how big it is, just that it is big.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations on a BIG finish! I find extra wide quilt backing fabric to be a big time saver for backing large quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's stunning!! I love every bit of it - the BOMs, the borders, and especially those log cabin corner pieces. And I feel for you on piecing the back - my biggest sucker got 120" plain white muslin backing because I didn't want to piece. There's nothing pretty in the 120" backing range!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That IS huge!!! But what a beauty!!! I just love everything about it - the design, the colors.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been great watching this quilt grow on your blog, and now it is complete, congratulations, it is every bit (and more!) as stunning as expected!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Lynette, it's gorgeous! That is seriously detailed! Great palette! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynette; this quilt is gorgeous!
    I wish I could see it in person...the work in it is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is gorgeous! Such pretty colors and I love the design. I would definitely have to send it to the long armer too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It`s fantastic.congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that is a stunner! Just gorgeous! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is an amazing and awesome quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! Can't wait to see it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought I made big quilts. Absolutely stunning, & I can understand why you'd send that out to the longarmer

    ReplyDelete
  17. congratulations you finish it, is really beatiful: the design, the colors, the blocks...everything¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!!! Congrats on getting that together. It's stunning on my computer, I can only imagine how incredible it looks in person. Can't wait to see how it gets quilted. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow! Your quilt is gorgeous. So much work. Congratulations on a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lynn - What an absolutely stunning quilt. It is just beautiful - fabric and design. can't wait to see it quilted. Can we have close ups please ???

    ReplyDelete
  21. For a quilt that big, I think you have made a good choice. It is a quilt to be treasured over a life time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow - that's incredible! I've loved watching it grow, but pieces just don't compare to the impact of the whole thing. Regarding backing - check out FabriQuilt. I think their wide back fabric is 116". Not a huge selection, but maybe there's something that will work.

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow...wow and TRIPLE WOW! There is a lotza work in this...it will be a TREASURE for generations to come!

    hugZ,
    annie
    anniesrubyslipperz.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh WOW. That's all i can say!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely stunning! Wish I could see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is spectacular!! I love the colors, and the blocks on point!! And I'm so glad you decided to whoop it up with us!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It is wonderful! What an amazing project and you created it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. How pretty is that quilt??! Those are my colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Been a busy last couple weeks I meant to come by sooner thanks for linking up a wonderful quilt.

    http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
    http:// my1pictureaday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.