Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Monday, September 5, 2011

BOMs Away Monday 17 - Dear Jane: Can we get rid of the funk, already?!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEib6FEw-InTZOIaLrsh7raXFspj2e1T12kCO8l-1fE90gdy6n4l1MW2uvunLaRnasRzTevZmJGQUxFSneppP1tAy6D3038PFUnZoe3kZkA6pv4O9beBUFKk-l_8VIx2zK7QOjm3Pv7Ki7I/s1600/BOM+Button.jpg

Welcome to my Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays! 
(We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.)


I've almost pulled out of my new-empty-nest funk. I haven't managed to get my entire routine up and running, so I'm still not accomplishing more than the week's schoolwork required studies (good thing to have those!) and some tiny smatterings of quilt work. In a couple of days I'll share my experience so far with prep work for Jacquie deJonge class that I have at the end of the month.



The only sewing that's happened is some BOM work and a couple of compassion blocks:


First, I finished 2 from my sidebar list for August to finish half of the list for the month - better than I expected to see.


On Glacier Star, I took the pile of these:




And made a bunch of these (Pretty!):






On Selvages, I did the next-to-the-last month design, two of these. Didn't care a whit that the points don't match up around the center - too blue to fix that, it's staying:






Then I finished the Baby Janes from the August allotment. Now, I broke my rule on this one and started a new project that wasn't "allowed" yet. 

I needed something brand new and fresh to work on to distract myself from my new empty nest.  



Dear Jane seemed like a great project for that -
something that I could be friends with for a couple years and work on in spurts here and there when I'm feeling particularly blue or lonely.

And to fit with the pick-me-up function, I'm doing her in bright rainbows on Bella white along with the Twiddletails crowd.






(Also fixed the mis-placed piece in this older one).










I made two compassion blocks this week. I just need to buy a fine-tip permanent marker to sign them before sending them out across the oceans to Australia. 





Hopefully they will help Amy and Anabelle feel a tiny bit better in the wake of their terrible loss.


Huh.  I got a lot more sewing done this week than I thought!  And that makes me smile.  



~*~*~*~

What interval project have you got going? Weeklies are welcome along with regular projects that you’ve broken into monthly units, and –of course- true BOMs.   Share your eye candy and show off your progress since the last time you linked up! There are some wonderful monthly and weekly projects going on out there. You guys amaze me. :D


10 comments:

  1. Your blocks are beautiful. I especially like your DJ blocks. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been soooo busy. I've done very little for the last week or so.

    I love all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been very busy. Good for you. I am getting close to my empty nest and I am not look forward to it. LOL! But at the same time I can't wiat for them to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your blocks, especially the new ones you're trying.
    Been in a terrible funk myself. I need to find something to pull out of it. Bah!
    Here's to hoping your's lifts soon and nice to see your post.
    Hugs, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such amazing blocks!! Those round flying geese blocks will make the most awesome quilt. Your Dear Jane blocks looks wonderful in those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Dear Jane. The colors are bright and cheerful - definitely a good pick-me-up quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea to finish up projects! Your Dear Jane blocks are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delicious buffet of quilting. My favorite.... that you broke the rules! Love u! Em

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly did get a lot done. Hope you are out of your funk!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Baby Jane blocks! AND the bright compassion block is so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.