Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WIP Wednesday

So. . . Back in town after a wonderful mother-daughter trip to NYC. (I saw the Red and White Quilts at the Armory!!!!!) Scott's back to half-days at work after his stroke, and I'm back to furiously catching up my history coursework. No quilting happening yet, but my needle's not idle! Didn't want to miss a second WIP Wednesday in a row, though.

I won't link this one up since all quilting activity has come to a screeching halt until Sunday.  That is because Saturday night is Prom night in our little town, and we're taking this pretty satin gown. . .

($30 at Ross)

. . .and adding yards of scrumptious purple sparkly organza to get a smashing sensation for under $80.  I've never been able to get perfectly flat seams on the machine with organza (no matter what method or sewing aids I've tried), so all of this is being done by hand. Lots of evening movie time!  Can't wait to see my girl all ritzed up for Prom.  :)

1 comment:

  1. OOOOH!!! The dress is gonna be GORGEOUS!!

    I am glad you had a good trip to NYC! AND to see the Red and White Exhibit! Was that a lucky coincidence, or did you plan for it? Either way, I am jealous! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.