Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, October 11, 2020

BOMs Away - A Long-Ago Sunday for Norma and some BOM dabblings

 



Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Kinda just putzing through this week. The service for Scott's Mom will be on Tuesday. We've been scanning in lots of photos to put together a nice digital display for everyone to enjoy. I really like the happiness on her face in this one, as well as the super cute Easter Sunday outfit, circa 1958.


BOM stuff:

A couple of weeks ago, I fused the last block down for my Wind in the Whiskers. Cute little koi pond. Don't think I posted it yet, though.
(The kitten tail and lower bush edges are left loose, as they will straddle the border seam.)



Today, I made the four 3D butterflies and attached them for the Kitten Kaboodle block. 
Oh, and I also made pupils for these kittens. There weren't any in the pattern, and they all looked freaky without any.



So now, this project is ready to be fully assembled into a complete flimsy!  It only has 2 borders, and I would love to just throw it all together this week and have a nice accomplishment to carry me through the upcoming hard days. However, Scott's using my cutting table to finish up the photo tasking - spread all over it, and I'm not about to ask him to let me move him. Ah, well, it'll be a nice Feel-Good accomplishment next weekend.

Oh, also, through this week's TV time, I've done the applique stitching on two more of the Month 4 squares for the Water Reflections BOM. 1 block left to go.


I know I've only been sharing BOM stuff for months now, but that's not at all reflective of the bulk of my quilting work. There's always a priority quilt that gets 99% of my time each week. I need to do at least 4 write-ups on finishes.

The last 3 weeks, though, what you've seen is what has happened. I'll probably move through another week of numbness and seeing only to the basic tasks of daily living. I think I'll use the final assembly of Wind in the Whiskers as my marker for the time to return to normal quilting operations. And I'm dubbing it absolutely OK for that to happen when it happens.

~*~*~

How about you? Have you done any BOM work lately?

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, 
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. Wind in a Whiskers is so pretty, you'll do a wonderful job of quilting. Grief isn't a fast process and there are no set rules. I still miss my parents and they've been gone for years. I'm sure looking through all the photos brings many smiles and tears, it's all part of the process of life. God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difficult time to be planning a memorial. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Scott today. Your appliqué is beautiful and I agree about the kittens’ needing pupils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott's mom is beautiful! Thanks for sharing a small piece of her here.

    I love those kitties!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.