Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Monday, October 19, 2020

BOMs Away - and ~Flimsy Alert!~ Wind in the Whiskers

 

Welcome to the Link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!

Where we share what we're doing on a BOM type project
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom)


Woohoo! Look! My "Wind in the Whiskers" is a finished flimsy!



There is a clothesline and several cute elements (including another kitten, of course) that go over the central field area after the quilting has been done.

I'm super happy that this top is completed. I must say, this pattern gave me more headaches and got put into long time outs far more than any other I've dealt with. I've done other McKenna Ryan patterns without issue. Not sure why this one was so contorted to figure out. And I know I'm not the only one. But it's ready now!


I want to say something. Grief itself, AND the handling of it, is different for every person. Some of us hold it closer inside and do not make a public spectacle of it. Scott and I are private that way - once an initial "announcement" has been made, we keep it close and work through it. We don't post 50 Facebook or Instagram messages a day lionizing our pain. Apparently, some people think this means we don't care about the loss. That could not be further from the truth. If you need to make a spectacle of your loss, that is absolutely fine. Do what you need to do to get through the shock of loss. But it is cruel to mistake others' privacy for not caring, and to repeatedly preach at them in a public manner.

Also, if you (the one person remaining who should unconditionally love) have so much animosity for a person that you repeatedly call him a son-of-a-bitch and an idiot, in front of others (shocking them), to your face, and behind your back, if you wish his child dead, and if you hate me enough to maintain over 90 minutes of ranting about me being a bitch and a whore, you cannot be surprised that we maintain distance. Particularly since ALL of this is based on unfounded and manufactured ideas. I apologize to quilt friends for the nasty verbage - I am dumping garbage out of my heart so that I can let it go. "Allowances have to be made for grief," some tell us. . . but this has been going on for many years. 

I keep telling myself that the best path through these public preachings at us, and the poisonous attacks of bile, is to simply refuse to engage. But after a while, you need a place to vent, you know? Technically, this place is public, but I have an extremely small following, and you quilters understand me far better than most people do. Now I can let it go again and give my energy, instead, to the process of getting this Lupus flare to dissipate. 


I hope you are having a better time than we are. I have to admit, Bad Boy 2020 is the year to have to slog through this dysfunction. The entire year was already screwed up, anyway.  :(

~*~*~*~

Have you been able to do any BOM type work lately? We'd love to see it.  :)

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, 
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt top! I'm sorry for your loss and you and Scott and your family have been in my thoughts. Sorry too about the treatment you have been getting. I have been finding that social distancing is helping with my attitude so much the last few months and will continue to keep some people at a distance. sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i must have missed your post on what your loss is, but i'm so proud of how you've chosen to deal with "that" persons cruelty, your response makes me glad to be part of the human race. the pain is like waves or whirlpools, just go with it and sooner [ or later], you find you can stand again and the roses begin to smell again, sharing from afar, shoshana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! You did it! That’s a big accomplishment. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have been having a hard time of things... and while on the one hand this makes me cross (like who has the right to treat someone else like that?) I am also super proud of how strong you are and have been. Kia kaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear that someone has brought you to such strong and negative feelings. I am glad that you feel "safe" in quilter's blogland to relinquish it. WE all have need of that at times.

    So many many people are really struggling more than usual this crazy year of 2020. Being isolated does not help. People need people.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.