Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, May 20, 2018

BOMs Away - & - Hands2Help for Little Lambs Foundation for Kids

This week's link is below




Today is the link-up for our Hands2Help quilts. I'd signed up in March to participate with this annual coordinated community service project, choosing the Little Lambs Foundation for Kids this year.



I've made 3 sweet little quiltlets, each in a cute fabric and meant to feature superb tactile comfort in a highly portable size. This fits the bill perfectly for the organization's use, which is to go into a backpack with supplies and comfort items for kids having to go into foster care.


One lap quilt (~ 28" square) with sweet kitties and a glorious-feeling dove gray minkee backing/self binding edge, and two comfort clutchies (~ 19 x 22 inches) with Peter Rabbit flannel backed by a cerise quilting cotton and bound with the slick satin edge that kids love to handle and pet. They are washed and ready to go to the post office tomorrow.

Without intending to line two of my quilting focii up so perfectly, the block of the month work that I have ready to share this week coordinates perfectly, coming from my "From the Heart" BOM kit. Accordingly, here is this week's BOMs Away post:


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

 Block 2 has been hand appliqued, with bunnies that match the buns on the two flannel clutchy quilts I made, and all the love "From the Heart" that those three quilts are being sent with. I hope somehow the kids can sense that.


How is BOM work going at your place?

~*~*~
Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.



9 comments:

  1. What sweet little comfort quilts! Thank you for donating them to Little Lambs. I'm sure they will be well loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are so sweet! Definitely destined to be a hit with some little kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bunnies are rally cute. The little quilts will be very loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel the quilty softness through the photos. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice and soft. Sure to please and sooth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is wonderful that you are doing charity quilts. You are a busy lady anyway, but adding that in is a labor of love.

    Cute bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are super quilts for little ones and the bunnies are ever so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your applique bunnies look wonderful. I'm really intrigued by the charity projects, though. How do you do that wide mitered self binding with the Minky backing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet quilts for precious little lambs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.