Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, March 11, 2018

BOMs Away - More Rabbits


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)


Another slow week for BOM work, between getting sick this weekend and having other things going. However, I got the other two giant running rabbits all press-prepped. This sit-down work was less taxing than sewing or even tracing out Wind in the Whisker pieces, so that's what I did. Plus, I'm super eager for my rabbits border to get stitched!


(These are a good two feet long, with lots of curves)

Let me just say that straight vodka in an applique brush and this aluminum fingertip stilleto are the best tools out there when you have to mess with a craft iron and applique prep!



Just get yourself the cheapest vodka out there - not being a drinker, my quilter's vodka has lasted 4 years so far, and probably will give me another 4.   :D   I did put a little lemon zest in mine, which made it smell lemony. Sometimes I use it diluted with water for spray starch if I'm pressing a ton of stuff, but usually it only comes out when I have this type of work to do. It's terrific at this job.


How about you? Did you get any BOM work done recently?


~*~*~
Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.



7 comments:

  1. Those are BIG rabbits! Looking forward to seeing the border. Hope you are healthy soon. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those rabbits are going to be stunning in your border and so worth the effort. Just in time for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you use the vodka for? That is new to me. Thank you for hosting the linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait. What? I don't understand the vodka either. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear you have been sick. Not only is it crappy to be sick on a weekend but losing a Saturday really slows down the quilting.

    I had heard of putting vodka in homemade spray starch, but not to be used straight to turn edges under. Also, I have never seen an applique' bruch like that before. I use spray starch from an arasol can. I spray it into the lid so it becomes a liquid that I paint brush onto the edges of the applique' I'm turning. I also like your aluminum tool. It probably keeps fingers from getting burned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to know more about the vodka too. I've never seen an applique brush before either. What do you normally put in it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been doing a bit of turned appliqué at the moment and I am on high alert for helps and cheats. Have you just got vodka in that brush - no starch? Please say yes! And do you know the brand/name of your stilleto? It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.