Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, January 14, 2018

BOMs Away Monday - Down the Rabbit Hole


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Seeing all the posts on Facebook from those who have finished their Down the Rabbit Hole tops has given me the kick in the pants I needed to get over my block on it and get this quilt going again. Also, this was a January goal to achieve.



And here it is! Twist border is cut out, assembled, and attached. I'm super happy and have high hopes of putting this one on my bed in April. Lots of work between here and there, so we'll see.

My problem last August was that I couldn't figure out what the heck color I wanted to use. Not being able to envision where I was going with colors on the next borders and how they would interplay with whatever I chose here froze me. Another factor was the fact that I want to augment this to a good king size, and didn't know where I would do that.

So I spent hours yesterday deciding where in the overall quilt I'll insert the necessary inches, and then laying out different color options to figure out what to do with this twist border. After discarding my first, second, third, and fourth choices, I landed on the pinks. 



Which was great! That meant I could use some of my backing fabric to fussy cut bunnies to include here and there. It's all about the bunnies, after all.  ;D


On the side, another BOM had progress recently. The next corner for the very complex Block 6 of Fiesta Mexico was finished during TV hand stitch time, so it's up on the wall with its companions. I'll have a pretty wall behind me while I'm quliting for another 12 - 18 months. Love it!





How about you? Did you get any BOM work done recently?


~*~*~
Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.

11 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I love the pink, and the twist! What a fun border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the hard thing about participating in a mystery BOM sometimes... not knowing what exactly is coming up. Much easier to make the decisions after the design has been unveiled... and you've seen other versions too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Fiesta quilt is looking so beautiful! The lovely colors should keep you inspired. I've seen several Down the Rabbit whole quilts in progress. I like seeing how people have made their changes to the pattern to make the quilt theirs. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful and I love the light hanging over your frame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the twist!! And the fussy cut bunnies! And those BOM pieces on your wall are fantastic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Rabbit Hole quilt is so pretty. I really like your little creative corner with your Fiesta quilt (and that lamp) is so much fun. I'd love to work right there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both your quilts in progress. Down the Rabbit Hole is so whimsical and fun. Love the brights in your Fiesta quilt, it does look like a festival. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every single thing about "Down the Rabbit Hole" is great. It's been fun seeing it come together. The colors in Fiesta Mexico are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh that Rabbit hole is so cute. I love the way the corners in the earlier border with the little sun blades. So clever and this quilt is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fiesta Mexico is so so so beautiful! This quilt is going to be so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I took that class from Karen Kay Buckley and never finished the class block! Kudos for tackling the whole quilt AND Down the Rabbit Hole at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.