Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, March 26, 2017

BOMs Away - Garden Friends & Down the Rabbit Hole


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Do you ever start Block-of-the-Months and then not finish them? 
Or maybe you just like doing a lot of them?
This is where you can share what you're doing on a BOM or anything you work on at given intervals. 
Show us what you accomplished in the past week or so!
(Linky at the bottom.)

I did it. I caved. I joined in on the fun of Sarah Fielke's "Down the Rabbit Hole 2017 BOM."  That'll be what I work on most Fridays, which are my "free play" day after spending M-Th working on my priority project.

This Friday I got the initial wedge circle made - worked out nicely for flatness on the first try. (That was a happy moment!) Also prepped some templates for the next part, but I'm still washing/ironing the rest of my fabrics, so I didn't start on the exploding flower circles yet.


Today, for my regular BOM schedule, I got bunches and bunches of sunflower petals traced and fused/cut out for the border blocks on Garden Friends. Still a few more to go, but we all went to see the new "Beauty and the Beast" movie together. Fun family times that revisit the now-adult kids' childhood.  :)


Were you able to get some BOM work finished lately?

~*~*~
Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.
:)


6 comments:

  1. That is a great wedge circle. Well done. It seems you are doing a great job on keeping up on your boms. I never do that - I fall farther and farther behind and then just quit. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Down the Rabbit Hole' is a wonderful BOM with many possible options. Enjoy your Fridays working on this one Lynette - like a reward to look forward to at the end of you week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have to go and check out down the rabbit hole..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wedge circle block is beautiful! I look forward to following your progress on this quilt. I love Rabbits, this looks like it's going to be a very sweet and fun quilt to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This rabbit hole quilt by Sarah is her best! It is a wonderful pattern which allows for so many interpretations. There are many to see on line but I must say yours looks like it is off to a very interesting start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are joining in the Rabbit fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.