Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, January 24, 2016

BOMs Away - Allietare Almost There



Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.


So, I got all my Allietare center assembled, and I'm really happy with it. I wasn't sure about the color change-up at first when I laid the blocks all out, but Marissa liked it, and lots of folks on Facebook really liked it, too. After some overnight marinating, it really grew on me. I agree that it has a Spanish look now, but I'm still calling it Allietare.  :)


I didn't get a photo of the assembled and trimmed center before it got dark, but you get the idea here.

Bonnie's design calls for a stop border in the teal of my color way, followed by a solid border in black. I do have enough black left, but it really overpowers this colorway. The only color that has enough remaining for a border is the gold set. It looks a little sad, though, with just that, so I played around with my EQ program to come up with a way to use some of the little bonus HSTs from all those decapitated geese patches.


 So now I'll be making some 110 of these bitty units for a border treatment in the gold:


Yep. Those are tiny HSTs in the end! They are 1/2" finished. I think I've lost my mind. But I have all 330 that I need meticulously trimmed, and maybe half of the rest of the pieces cut out. 


So, there's more work to be done on this mystery quilt before I get back to my normally-scheduled BOMs, but I'm happy with my border design, and looking forward to finishing it this week!

~*~*~
Have you worked on any BOMs or similar projects lately? 
We'd love to see your progress or plans.

12 comments:

Barbara said...

Love your colors. I look forward to seeing your top with the border. I hope to lay out my Allietare blocks tomorrow. I may be too tired to do it if the snow plow comes through. Once it comes I have to finish excavating my car from the 2+ feet of snow we got here in Maryland.

Barbara at Stash Overflow

dq said...

I absolutely love your mystery quilt and it is coming along nicely! I was not happy with the one last year so I wasn't ready to try another, but I am loving this one from the pictures I have seen.

Frances said...

Your border solution will be a fun addition. I switched mine around too and am really pleased with it.

Dana Gaffney said...

The quilt is beautiful and the border will be gorgeous but I do think you've lost your mind :)

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Your Allietare is just gorgeous! I love the colors.

KMTrott said...

Love your Allietare! The colors are so vibrant.

1000needles.com said...

So pretty! love it! :)

Theresa said...

Love the teal with the gold. I think it's beautiful!

Kathy said...

Wow, I am so impressed at your energy to make all those cute border blocks with your tinies! And the color changeup is stunning. Great progress!

Debbie said...

I love your colors too and the border solution looks great...it is a shame to waste left over pieces when you can add them to the project. Can't wait to see the piecing all finished...no pressure!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

What an impressive and ambitious quilt! Fun colors!

PeggyinNO said...

You are a brave woman to tackle that border! I love your color choices in this quilt! Fabulous!!