Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

WIPs - 23 Jan - Total Changeover :D

Those scallops are all stitched! Which means a photo-op ASAP and new rotations at my sewing stations.  :D

Hand Stitching:  This party's winding to a close as the binding is about 1/3 down.




And OH MY GOSH!!!  I cannot WAIT for the UPS to bring me the next hand-stitching, which is the binding for this monster king-size quilt that Margaret just finished quilting for me (This will hyper-jump to her post about it):



Didn't she do a STUNNING job? I love so much how she took a very linear quilt and made it so incredibly organic. Can't wait for it's Finish Report!


FMQ:  Need something here to fill in the gap between gifts. (And something other than blue and white to look at!) Going to pin this Christmas lovely now so it doesn't get abducted by aliens. I think I'll go with some of the Tuscany Wool in my stash and see how it works with the corduroy pinwale backing. . . 




Piecing:  Run Kitty, Run! is finally ready for piecing. Y'all know how much longer it takes to cut out a quilt when you use scraps???  I don't cut my scraps all up Bonnie Hunter style because I don't know yet what each one will be used for. Don't get me wrong - I find her very inspirational and will make several of her designs when I get the UFOs under better control. But I have several projects I want to do in the future that need pieces that will not be assembly-line style needing uniformly sized strips. 



I think this new gift project is going to be super fun, with whimsical quilting plans, and I'm glad I had enough scraps for each color zone to get all the pieces. She needs this quilt ASAP for some heart-lifting, and I don't want to wait months and months until I'm allowed to buy more fabric.

~*~*~*~*~

Linking up at



16 comments:

  1. Great projects. That quilting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt!! You will have to take a picture of it on a bed so we can see more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful quilt! I can't wait to see your Log Cabin finished, it's my favorite block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... I'd stalking UPS too if I were you! Can't wait to see more of that gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWEE! that quilting is stunning!
    Lots of fun stuff going on in your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh! You quilt is all the words above. They left no new adjectives for me to use........How about just Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilting is fantastic! So much movement! I don't like cutting my scraps into sizes either. I use them for all kinds of interesting things (like 6 inch blocks sometimes).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to seeing a full photo of your king-size - what an amazing looking quilt. The quilting on it is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing quilting! You have a lovely variety of things going on there :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy cow, that some amazing quilting! I'm the same with my scraps - I don't know what they're for, so I don't cut them until I need them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much on the go at once -- no chance to get bored!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I saw Margaret's post yesterday my very first thought was...I know that quilt! She did an amazing job....I love the movement she created with the egg and dart shapes around the sample blocks...wow! Bet you can't wait to see it with your own eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt, and Marilyn's work, is unbelieveable! Absolutely stunning! I also can't believe she trusted posting it off to you all the way from Maine. Goodness. Now, if she can do that, you can surely enter that quilt in a competition... or three. Definitely enter it in the Machine Quilter's Showcase, in Kansas. And then for sure in at least one of the AQS shows. Oh, and next year's Road to California. Then, when it wins, remember who suggested you do this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That quilt and quilting is just stunning!
    I dump my scraps into freezer bags to sort when I'm free, but they never get touched until I'm rummaging for a certain bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing quilting Lynette, it will be a really stunning quilt when you are finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.