Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, December 6, 2020

BOMs Away - Pulling out an Oldie but Goodie

 


Welcome to the Link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!

Where we share what we're doing on a BOM type project
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom)


Whoa! I knew it had been quite a while since I'd worked on my Down the Rabbit Hole BOM, but I looked it up just now, and that project has been stalled since MARCH 2018, when I had prepped the rabbit pieces for the next border work. 


As deeply in love as I am with needle-turn hand stitch applique, I detest machine applique work - which is largely why this got shelved for so long. Also, it makes my head explode, figuring out how to adjust this round and the last round to make the quilt a king size instead of a queen.

Four and half hours later today, The first leaping rabbit is finished! So cute! 

These rabbits are quite large - you can see better perpective in this pic I'd taken when I was prepping the pieces. I'm using the edge-turn on freezer paper method for these, with a tiny blanket stitch using 50wt aurifil thread to sew them down.

 

Looking at my finished guy, I think I'll draw up some eye pieces and add those in when I do the next rabbit, rather than embroidering them on.

This is a Sarah Fielke design, and was her 2017 BOM program. Here is her finished quilt:


 I was doing mine in Easter colors, and had this much finished when I putzed out on it:


Now I intend to keep it on my active BOM list until it is finished! That means I have Water Reflections, Forever My Valentine, and Down the Rabbit Hole on rotation for weekend work to give me breathers from my priority piecing and quilting. 

~*~*~*~

Have you been able to do any BOM type work lately? We'd love to see it.  :)

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, 
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. Wow...those are some big bunnies! I haven’t seen this quilt design before...very pretty...and you have done so much work on it already. Glad to see it pulled from your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and cute! I’m glad it’s back on the BOM rotation.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Down the rabbit hole is a very pretty quilt. I hadn't realized how big it was though. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you resurrecting and making BOMs. I hope this means you're feeling back to your old self again. I admire you for persevering through all these BOMs and kits. We each have our favorite types of projects to work through and it's good to see you enjoying yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.