Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, May 3, 2020

BOMs Away - Blue Bear & Water Reflections


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Hello!  :)

I finished Blue Bear of High Hopes (from Dione's 2018 Beary Colourful BOM). 


It's very fun to see how much more adorableness pops out when you do the quilting, eh?

On these bears, I'm not stitching the fusible applique down separately from the quilting stage - I'm doing it with the quilting. Once in a while, I have a project (typical a kid's quilt) when I'll do this 2-in-1 approach. It's not for every project, as you'll have the satin or zig-zag stitching show on the back. But I'm fine with it for this quilt. I think kids actually love seeing the outlines on the back side, like a hide-and-seek feature. I messed with the photo editing so it would stand out a little more for you to see:


I have a hard time refraining from petting the belly and muzzle, done in Minky scraps!  (I have no problem using it for fusible applique - I just put it Minky side down on a terry towel on the ironing board, and melt the fusible from the back side. When stitching it down, greatly lowering the tension of the presser foot keeps it from shoving at the layers and prevents pulling the fusible apart.)


It was a great BOM week, because I also managed today to cut out the first 4 months on my Water Reflections BOM, taking my cutting table back from Scott before it turns into his "office" again for telecommuting tomorrow.


These months are all tucked neatly into baggies now to stay organized by my machine for the moments I can work on them.  :)

They will grow up to become this quilt one day:



AND I got all of the 24 color fabrics washed and ironed for my Jacqueline de Jonge "Fanciful Flight" kit that I bought two summers ago from Quilting by the Bay in Panama City, Florida, after they got wiped out by Hurricane Michael. It was a charity purchase! No guilt there, despite the myriad of kits awaiting my attention. . .  heh.  :)


I still have the white, the black, and the B/W striped yardages to wash and iron. It'll probably happen over the next two weeks, not right away.

I did also get some work done on Thistlepods, but there's nothing new to show you this week. 


~*~*~


So, what about you? Have you been able to work on a BOM? 
Sure would love to see!

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, 
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

5 comments:

  1. The teddy bear quilts are so cute! The Be colorful quilt is going to be fantastic with the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your two in one approach is brilliant. The bear on the back looks so cute. It is kind of a two sided quilt in my opinion.

    Your organization to keep you busy at the machine is a great idea. I think having a bag to grab for a few minutes here or there is a great way to get things done and not get overwhelmed with a project.

    I am salivating over your "Be Colourful" project. It's a beauty like everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue Bear is making me smile. He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bears are just precious... complete with furry accents and aren't the bright colours in your kit just AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings. I am so glad to be able to read your blog post. It was awesome. I really enjoyed reading it. seo in dubai I appreciate the quality of your work and your hard work also. its not easy I know to provide a good quality content, but still you are trying your best for. so keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.