Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, November 5, 2017

BOMs Away - A Cat and Some Stars


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Today I got my center put together from Kevin's Sapphire Stars Mystery


It was SUPER easy to choose the gray constant - I only had one piece in my stash that was large enough. Sometimes I really don't mind having decisions made for me.

One of the things I did is different from Kevin's plans. (I'm going with that description instead of "mistake"! But as you see in the photos, my grand-kitty thinks it's all Cool Beans as it is.)


I didn't pull up my computer and check Kevin's instructions, as I was sure I remembered what it looked like, and so I put yellow corners and red corners together with each other instead of alternating.


I still like it! This is going to be a super Quilt of Valor.


P.S.  Am I the only one whose vacuuming is scheduled not by a day of the week, but by the need to lay a project out?   :D

(The carpet is freshly clean under these - I was just having fun with the filters.)


~*~*~ 

How about your BOM-type projects? Have you done any work on them recently?

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.



2 comments:

  1. Your mystery quilt is GORGEOUS! I LOVE mysteries but had a bad experience once with one. Now I just prefer to design mysteries. I would have never guessed your quilt to be a mystery because every piece looks carefully chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is definitely loved already by your cute kitty! and me too. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.