Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, October 18, 2015

BOMs Away - DOD Americana



Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.

While I was wreaking hurricane-force damage this morning to my stash room and the pool table pulling fabrics for the next row of the DOD Americana quilt-along, I decided I wanted to work this row up using fusible applique since the row above with Scott's military scenes is that way already. 

So I pulled out my newsroll, cut off a piece the size of the finished row, and drew out Deana's design. I wanted to leave room to applique some horses from a fabric I have, so I left out the cemetery and shifted things over for space to be where I want it for the horses.


I traced the drawing out with a Sharpie so it would bleed through to the back. That way I had the reverso to trace pieces onto the fusible material. After a family date to the movie, I got all the pieces traced. I'm too tired to start cutting them yet, though. So that's all for now.


By the way, "The Martian" is a really great film.

(Linking up at Cath's Design Board)

~*~*~*~

How did things go at your end? - Did you do any work on BOMs this last week or so? 

4 comments:

  1. That looks really interesting. I'm really looking forward to seeing how things work out xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am afraid I have no BOM progress to share this week. Instead, I have been very busy creating a new look for my Design Board Monday Link Up at Bits'nBobs. I do like your activities this week...looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you show your progress. I'm curious, though, is the sharpie bleeding onto the fusible paper? Thanks! ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your talents abound. Glad to see you use your pool table for quilting as well....giggle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.