Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Friday, August 3, 2012

Smilin' at Those Dragonflies!

TGIFF and Whoop, Whoop!!  I actually *finished* one of the Dragonfly Party flimsies today! Just in time to sneak it in for the Friday Finish link-up parties. :D

The first of twins, "Dragonfly Party" is a twin-size quilt.

I'm smiling big now, but I admit, I broke down sobbing right as I finished the last border seam. I was supposed to fly from Florida to Utah to spend a few days at my cousin's house during the summer of 2010, assembling the tops of our personal BOMs we were doing together. But her time came a couple months too early and everything got boxed up for a while. It really felt like Kelly was here with me as I sewed that last section together.



The name of these twin quilts comes straight from the feature fabric, which I thought looked like a dragonfly party.

I think this is my favorite block.



I know this was the hardest block - with its multitude of complex joints, it was rather a pain in the neck!



Here is the binding for these quilts. The green matches the greens of the corner pieces and the stop border, and the gold pin-striping between the black and green stripes matches the gold-work on the dragonfly fabric.



Super excited that this finished coming together today so I could list it on this week's parties. Hope y'all have a great weekend.  :D

16 comments:

  1. wow! this is GORGEOUS! This quilt is really special

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful! Is that piping/flange or a really teeny tiny seam of the green outlining each block? I love the borders as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty quilt! That binding is absolutely perfect for it. My favorite color is purple and I love the way it pops in this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun quilt Lyn. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great quilt! Love the colors and that dragonfly print. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lyn, this is a really pretty quilt. I love the blocks and the colours and the dragonfly fabric is gorgeous. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt and a touching story! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a story and a quilt. I love the way the quilt came together. I love yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your story. This is a really beautiful quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the dragonflies and the colors and the precise piecing. I'm looking forward to seeing it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful, and thank you for sharing the story of the twin quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a beautiful quilt, and a lovely reminder of your cousin, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful quilt! Can't wait to see how the quilter quilts it. It's always amazing to me the memories are stored with each quilt. This one will always be special to you, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done! Your fabric/color choices are wonderful, and that outside border really accents the top. Memorable story makes the quilt even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dragonfly fabric and the blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.