Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, August 22, 2021

BOMs Away - Clean-up slam and Sage & Sea Glass

     

Welcome to the Link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!

Where we share what we're doing on a BOM type project
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom)


It was my birthday this week, so all week long, I worked on what I wanted to do, instead of my priority projects. Which ended up being clean-up work on BOMs and Birds to get lingering projects off my work spaces. 

Birds - I got all the wings fused on, so the 38 baggies, check-off chart, and light box are all gone from my great room, finally! This was about half way through:



Our 2021 Temperature Quilt - I pulled all the fabrics for the next batch of dots, which are now sitting in a baggy with my Perfect Circles templates for TV time attention in the evenings.


Harmony - Yeah, man!!  Did you see already that I got this top all finished?~!  I'm undecided whether I'll pull Surfer's Point back into active rotation in its place, or start another one. Probably Surfer's Point, but it's fun to day dream for a while.



And this weekend it was nice to pull out Sage & Sea Glass, which had a fresh bag - #5 - to pull out and work on. I got that step just about wrapped up, but we decided to go out to a movie. 


Got a nice pile of bonus HSTs out of these half-star blocks. There are only 8 sets of these units to join together. That'll be a quick finish-up first thing tomorrow morning, and then I'll hit the longarm for some serious attention there this week.

EDIT - all finished now  :)


~*~*~*~

Have you worked on any BOM type projects recently? We'd love to see your progress!

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides 




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. Your Harmony quilt is so beautiful! I googled the pattern and the kit, I'm so tempted to order the kit but I already have so many projects here at home to work on. But this would be a perfect someday quilt for our 2nd granddaughter. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it feel WONDERFUL to wrap up a UFO project?! I love your Harmony quilt and like Gretchen, I'm so tempted by it... But I'm determined to finish up these other projects first that I am embarrassed by having started (and abandoned!) so long ago!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.