Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, May 17, 2020

BOMs Away - Thistlepods


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Hi! How are you doing today?

I am absolutely amazed, because I put together the S-curves on these 24 border blocks for "Thistlepods," and I did not need to rip One. Single. Seam.


That has to be a first!!

Flat-head pins and a skinny glue stick - that's the ticket. The thin glue stick is a tool that is definitely worth its cost in situations like this. For a lot of my quilting glue needs, I go to the cheap-o washable school glue sticks, but for jobs like this, those are far too unwieldly. The thin quilter's sticks are perfect for delicate dabbing along small seam allowances.


These are easily the hugest border blocks I've ever made. That's why I dropped the BluRay box into the photo, so we could see the scale.

Until I get the corner blocks put together - Now, *those* will be gigantic blocks!!
I still have to finish the piecing of their sawtooth sections.


But I did get the flying geese arcs finished - don't they look like centipedes right now? 


I was weary of sewing tasks, and that's a bad time to do any trimming on finished paper-pieced sections, so that'll wait until tomorrow.  :)


~*~*~


So, what about you? Have you been able to work on a BOM? 
Sure would love to see!

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, 
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.


 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I can't wait to see the whole quilt. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks might be large, but oh boy are they GORGEOUS! I just love visiting your blog. Everything you do is beyond amazing!

    I too use Elmer's Clear School Glue, but I don't use the stick. The liquid works great for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings. I am so glad to be able to read your blog post. It was awesome. I really enjoyed reading it. web development uae I appreciate the quality of your work and your hard work also. its not easy I know to provide a good quality content, but still you are trying your best for. so keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.