Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, April 26, 2020

BOMs Away - Hello to a fun old friend!


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Hey! While I've been periodically searching-SEARCHING for Wherever-The-Heck I hid my Jacqueline de Jonge "Spring Fever" kit that I wanted to get washed and start prepping, I found this little guy!

Blue Bear of High Hopes

He is the second bear from Dione Gardner-Stephen's Beary Colourful BOM that she ran for 2018. Today I marked his background grid and pinned his layers for satin stitching and quilting. I'm doing those steps at the same time on this quilt, on my domestic machine, and when the bears are all made, I'll join the quilt-as-you-go sections with sashing strips of the Winnie-the-Pooh novelty fabric being used for the backing.

I had an extremely full plate that year, but I loved these guys, so I dug from my stash some scrappy gray backgrounds, a remnant of soft gray Minky, and some fun Winnie-the-Pooh yardage for backing and sashes out of my stash. Then I went to town with my scraps tubs to make the first, and then the second bear. I figured if I wasn't buying any new fabric, it was fine to add the project into my mix.... right?   lol! We are such excellent justifiers, we quilters!

Red Bear of New Beginnings

And then I had to clean up for company, and confounded myself with Where-The-Heck I hid Blue Bear. Red Bear has been cheering up the stairway from the main floor to the sewing/exercise floor all this time, poor lonely guy.

(Hmmm.... does that mean I should start another new project, hide that beginning from myself, wait a year or so, and then when I'm searching for that one, I'll find "Spring Fever" . . . ?) 
Ha!Ha!  

~~~

I'm feeling mighty lazy today, though, so I'm not going to do Blue's work just yet. He's waited two years - he won't mind one more week, now that he's back in action.  :) 

And now I'm feeling the gears of this project again, and looking forward to doing the rest of the bears in the upcoming months. I'm not ready to halt the momentum on my paper-piecing quilts - in fact, since I couldn't find "Spring Fever," I pulled out my long-ago purchased "Feathered Goose," and got that all cut out and ready to slip into the workbox for when my "Thistlepods" units are finished. 

By the way, this week I finished that quilt's serpentine flying geese border units:


Getting closer to a finished top! And, man, do I love the background fabric on these.

~*~*~


Have you been able to work on a BOM? Sure would love to see.  :)

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, 
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. Both bears are really cute! I can see why you were drawn to these blocks. They are just so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings. I am so glad to be able to read your blog post. It was awesome. I really enjoyed reading it. Seo Agency Dubai I appreciate the quality of your work and your hard work also. its not easy I know to provide a good quality content, but still you are trying your best for. so keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.