Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, March 15, 2020

BOMs Away - Bringing Out the Thistlepods


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

So.... Apparently I haven't done enough paper piecing in the past year. . . Guess I'm just in that groove, and my work areas are set up for it.

So I pulled out an old Judy Niemeyer kit from my cupboard and starting working on its first set of units for this week's BOM time:


These are for either 11" or 12" blocks, didn't measure them. 36 altogether.

They are from this kit:


Which I bought no later than October 2012 - yeesh!

And then prewashed all the fabrics in Oct 2018, deciding I wanted to replace the background fabric. 

The one I bought for that really tickled my fancy, recalling to mind a particularly magical drive home from Nebraska one evening, when snow flurries blew and hundreds of tumbleweeds rolled horizontally across I-76 in northeast Colorado. I remember being enchanted as well as feeling like we were in a video game, dodging the large rollers since there was no other traffic. Thistlepods aren't exactly tumbleweeds, but the combination of the design and the background fabric I found evoked the memory.

~*~*~


We would love to see any BOM work you're done lately.

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, 
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. This is a pretty pattern, I don't remember seeing that one. Can't wait to see it finished! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat pattern! My experience with tumbleweeds wasn't as fun, since I was dodging them on a motorcycle. I've heard they just sort of poof and disintegrate if you hit them, but I wasn't taking any chances of crashing instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your imagery is so vivid, Lynette! I'm glad you found yourself in one of the video games from when we were kids instead of one of the scary video games my teenagers like to play today! (LOL). Dodging tumbleweeds versus being chased by realistic looking monsters wielding bloody axes and whatnot. Ahem! I really adore those jewel tone batiks against your white background. This one will be a stunner for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.