Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Monday, March 23, 2020

BOMs Away - Thistlepod centers


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Oops!  I was so busy distracting myself from pandemic worries last evening, I forgot to put the BOMs Away post up! 

Here's what I did over the weekend:


I got the next set of sections paper pieced for my Thistle Pods quilt. 36 of these babies.

I sure hope you're all still healthy. 

I'm glad quilting is an already-established part of my life that makes quarantining a much lighter mental burden than it is for some folks.


Interesting times, though, eh?  You can't even get a normal headache in peace, without having to discipline your mind away from premature worrying. 

Live smart, but not fearfully, these days.  :)  


~*~*~


We would love to see any BOM work you're done lately.

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, 
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. Love the grape fabric. Now I want a popsicle!! Excellent pping. You are so productive with your sewing and reading. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quote, "Live smart, but not fearfully."
    Those purple spiky blocks are GORGEOUS!

    P.S. I bought some Halloween prints for my Halloween quilt like you made a few years ago. I am by no means ready to start sewing, but I have wondered if you still have the pattern.

    Have a great week. Illness is expected to peak in my state within the next 2 weeks. Wish us luck and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thistlepods are so much better in fabric than in person! Quilters don't need a pandemic to "social distance" -- it's called quilt retreat (cloistering with those similarly "infected") or "quilt deadline" (be it gift, show or UFO)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.