Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

WIPs - Flannels & 17 in 2017

Between - OH MY GOSH, I HAVE TO DEFROST THE TURKEY > > > 

Geez, I get distracted so very easily these days. . .  Now that the bird is happily bathing in some cold defrost water, I can take a social moment.  :)

I usually wake long before the others, so it wouldn't be cool to work on my priority quilt at the longarm, as it would wake some of them. So I have "putz around" projects I do in other places. 



Right now, that's working with this really luscious flannel jelly roll my daughter gave me for my birthday. I'm doing it up race style, with diagonal joins and some spacers. Those spacers and the whole backing are done with harvest gold Silk Radiance. It'll get a  leafy vine meander for quilting, with leaves highlighted at each of the gold bits. It's a nice project to see in the mornings during Thanksgiving week.

Also, when I have odd moments that aren't really long enough to get good piecing in, I've been working on my "Plums in November" quilt, which is on my 17 in 2017 list. I had started its quilting at my domestic machine last year. 



Almost all the black SID work is finished (hooray!), and a wee bit of decorative quilting had gone in.


So far I've removed the over-500 quilter's safety pins, marked the rest of the diamond centers, trimmed back the batting to get the backing edges easily accessible, and I've made sure those are all squared up.

I still need to make some extenders to baste on so the clamps don't interfere with the quilting at the longarm. I grabbed this huge amount of ugly-fabric yardage that's been in my stash forever. 



Which is inspiring me. . . 

You know that concept that if you don't like a fabric, you haven't cut it up small enough yet? I'm going to work up a nice pattern to use an ugly piece from stash, coupled with two nice colors and a good bit of "neutral" to make a really appealing quilt. It has to be after the holidays, though. 

So the first Stash Rehab 2018 will appear this February 1st. 

This one will be designed to utilize a piece of yardage that's been sitting in stash. As I have more than one piece that's been stagnant in there, I'll do periodic Rehab projects, some of which will focus on using pretty fabric that we just don't know what to do with. Rehab will culminate on St. Patrick's Day so we can see what those little magic leprechauns can do for us. I'll figure things for several sizes. I hope you'll join in! 

~*~*~

Thanks to Lorna for hosting Let's Bee Social
and Julie for Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I like the idea of a Stash Rehab project! I usually just take the Uglies and donate them somewhere else, but I always feel a bit guilty about that. Shouldn't I donate the pretty stuff, and feel generous? Maybe the answer is to make something pretty out of the Ugly and then donate the finished (hopefully pretty!) quilt...

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Stash Rehab idea! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving all the colours in your Plums In November quilt. Your flannel quilt will be so cosy.
    Hope you had a Happy thanksgiving. thanks for linking to Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.