Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Thursday, July 27, 2017

When A Quilt Wants to Dance ~Flimsy Alert!~

Whoop! Whoop!  


My "Set Sail" quilt top is Aliiiive!


If you were a quilt center that had been hanging sadly in your maker's Flimsy Closet for just one week shy of four years (even though you were one of her very favorites). . .

Aug 7, 2013, before this closet came
to hold 37 flimsies by the time that I bought
my longarm machine 2 months ago!

. . . you would dance around, too, when she got down to business and added all your borders! 


152 flying geese and several long border pieces later, it's a finished king size flimsy! 

We hurried to catch a photo before today's thunderstorm moved in. Light was fading fast and I felt a drop when this baby finally said, "Whew. I'm finished now."  (dancing, that is)


The pattern is in the Fall/Winter 2008 "Quilt Sampler" magazine, and the designer is Sandy Perdue. I purchased a personalized kit from Quilting By the Bay back in 2010 with enough extra yardage to convert it to the king size. (The original pattern doesn't have the geese along the sides.)


I'll be doing some custom quilting on this, and while I'd love nothing more than to load it onto my still-new longarm and get right to work on that, I need to practice my skill level up just a bit more to be entirely happy with the result. So I have two other tops that will go through first. But I am determined to have this on my bed before August ends!

P.S. This kind of work has gone on solidly for the last several months without any recording, so hopefully I have my act back together enough to put more than BOM work on my blog again. It's been a bit isolating to not share things regularly, but it's been all I could do to recover from that super pernicious Lupus flare that hit all through Jan/Feb/Mar and then not only get back up to my normal speed in Taekwondo, but to start ramping things up several notches as Marissa and I enter the final approach to earning our blackbelts. Exciting times!

~*~*~
Linking up at 

Sarah's Whoop Whoop Fridays
 

12 comments:

  1. Spectacular quilt top!! Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt top Lynette. You did an amazing job on this top. I can't wait to see it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous top. cant wait to see it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that quilt is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty. Love the colors, and it's a great traditional design. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an amazing finish! It's so beautiful. And I think I saved that exact same pattern from the magazine. This one was definitely worth the wait! Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am I the only one who thinks 'She's a kick-### quilter'? Beautiful flimsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kick-quilter... ha ha ha!!! This is one of the prettiest quilt tops I've ever seen! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing completion! And it is absolutely stunning! I love your colors and designs, and totally understand the leaving it in partial stage. I am working on that as well. Glad to hear your lupus is back to manageable for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That quilt is absolutely gorgeous! How nice to finally have it out of the Flimsy Closet. And i LOVE the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annette and Snowcatcher, you gals are cracking me up and making me blush. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.