Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, July 3, 2016

BOMs Away - Pinwheels and Owls



Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.


Well, I only got 6 of the 8 owls finished for Fancy Forest. They're rather involved, so I ran out of time. The 2 that are left are probably my favorite color sets, too.


But I did get dozens and dozens of pinwheel stars sewn for the border on Scott's retirement quilt.


Also, I finished assembling the whole center (it's a customized DOD Americana Mystery top). I love all the bits of Scott's actual uniforms that are in it!


~*~*~*~

How about you? Did you work on your BOMs or other interval projects?  :D

4 comments:

AmsterdamQuilting said...

The owl blocks are so fun, but the retirement quilt will be amazing!!

Pam said...

Did you design all or most of your retirement quilt? It seems so personal. I know you have used bits and pieces from your lives in that quilt. I think it is special and your owls are great. Looking at your owls makes me think i need one for my morphing quilt (stonefields into chuck nohara). Makes me happy to see what you have done.

Karen said...

The owl blocks are a hoot! Interesting how they are pieced.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

They are both so nice, I love the Americana and the owls would be perfect for my daughter. I'd like to try it sometime.