Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Graduated! ~ Grand Illusion ~ Fiesta Mexico



Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays! 
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately. 
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.


Did you see that I graduated?  heh! Most of our family went over to Nebraska for the ceremony so I could wear that fancy hood I earned. Plus, it was a perfect excuse to go visit Scott's folks for a few nights, who live 45 minutes away from the university.



Three other cohorts attended the ceremony. The other 15 lived too far away.



Dr. Biggs is always resplendent in his mustache! He was a good thesis advisor. I didn't even think about bringing my Phi Alpha Theta cords! Silly me. . . 



My family had fun putting up their "Lopers" - the university's mascot is the antelope.


You saw mine a couple days ago. Might as well flash it again.  ;D


The only bummer is that Heather and Kyle weren't on the trip because of work obligations. 

~*~*~

We got back last night, and I was too tired to do the Garden Friends BOM work that would have been slated for this week.

I did look at the
Clue 4 of Bonnie Hunter's 2014 Mystery Quilt this morning, and cut those pieces out. I sewed the HST's via my favorite method for scads at a time (although I cut the papers into smaller sections to maximize scrappiness).



I only put together 1 of each orientation for this week's patches,



And now Clue 4 is stacked on top of Clue 3 and Clue 2. Real work on those is waiting for my FMQ work on my 2 Christmas quilts to get finished. (They're safe like this for a couple more weeks, because they live in a part of the house where no pets go and there are no young kids who would be tempted to check things out!)



Clue 1 was finished the first week, and their tray actually serves to mask something that has to stay hidden.



(Linking this up at Bonnie's Mystery Monday Link-up)

~*~*~

Been doing last bits of decorating with family, and now I plan to enjoy the rest of my Sunday with some slow stitching while we all watch the second Hobbit DVD in prep to go see the final release in the theater in a couple of days. 

I'll be working on my Fiesta Mexico block. I pushed the stemwork along a bit more on the car ride home yesterday and back-basted some pieces of color on. 


I love how it transforms from this messy stage to a clean, gorgeous stage when the applique is done! This far edge is finished until I trim up the block after all the other stitching is in place.



(Linking this up at Slow Sunday Stitching and Hexie Weekend) 

~*~*~*~*~

How are things at your place? With Christmas getting closer, have you done any BOM work lately? Maybe you've snuck in some sanity time to put a block together, or maybe you've started assembling one you've worked on all year? Or maybe it's just too crazy a time to do sewing and you're enjoying the holiday and your family?  :D


11 comments:

  1. Super super congratulations on the graduation!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the graduation pictures! I bet you are still flying high on the thrill of such an accomplishment :*) I'm hoping this means we will be seeing more of your lovely quilting now *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your graduation!
    Hope you enjoyed some slow stitching time today... after all that accomplishment you need some rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A huge congratulations on your graduation!! That is such an achievement!! Your advisor looks like Tom Selleck from Magnum PI, that show from the 80's. Your fiesta Mexican block is wonderful, you're always working on such great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats once again on your achievement! I will admit I am a complete novice when it comes to applique, so how are you doing yours on Fiesta Mexico?

    ReplyDelete
  6. *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* 3 cheers! I am soooo happy for you (I know how if feels to have it completed!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great day for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A big congratulations on your graduation! A great accomplishment, Lyn. And you still had time for applique - wow - gorgeous as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello LynnCC, I just love your linkup since I am doing some BOMs. It helps to keep me in check. I see that you are also doing the "Grand Illusion". I LOVE your fabrics! Mine are all from my stash so a couple of them are kind of wild but I like what I am seeing. Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lyn! I'm SO happy for you to have graduated! It's such an accomplishment given the busyness you manage just being a wife, mother and quilter. Congratulations! I have to giggle that you were even quiltmaking while riding in the car. A quilting devotee like none other! As always, you're making lovely things. We're alone for Christmas this year (a first), so a lot of sewing - actually free motion quilting - is on my agenda. Blessings for a beautiful Christmas spent with family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.