Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Flimsy Alert! ~*Happy Thanksgiving*~

Although we're also getting ready for Thanksgiving Day, I've been wrapping up quilt projects that have been out and about in my sewing area.

First, I got this Deb Strain "Saltbox Harvest" kit that I bought in something like 2008 whipped up. LOVE it, with its "Give Thanks" banner!! Won't get quilted until next year, but I'm going to pin it to another quilt so I can hang it up today. Loved putting in those prairie points. It's somewhere in the range of 40 x 50". These colors are surprisingly true:




And I also finished up my "Sew Spooky" BOM quilt! (Thanks so much again, Billie!) It's supposed to have one more border, and I'd already cut that out when I decided I really do prefer it like this, with a black binding (maybe with gray grafted in at the cornerstones) after it's quilted (again - something for next year's fall season!) This is something like 57 x 70" and good, true colors here:




I hope this week finds you well, and if you're in the U.S., enjoying a great Thanksgiving holiday time with your family or loved ones. I am ecstatic to have everybody unexpectedly back home this year living here, plus one fiance in the basement (although I've had to adjust my machine quilting time accordingly), to solidify this house that we moved into two years ago as the family home rather than just "the house Mom & Dad moved to" since it's all the way across the country. I'll have to update this with a family pic that'll get captured on Thanksgiving Day.  :)



~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Linking up at:


Shannon's KISMIF

Can I get a Whoop! Whoop!

TGIFF is at Persimmon Dreams this week
 (main site here)


10 comments:

  1. Hi Lyn! That is so wonderful about having your chicks back in the nest!
    I love your two quilts! Love that orange! I clicked on the picture of the Thanksgiving quilt so I could see your prairie points - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "plus one fiance in the basement", you made me laugh, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome you are getting some time to finish things too!! Lovely quilts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt flimsies, Lyn! And how nice to have family around for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All so pretty! Lucky you are to have a house full of family for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both. Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quilts, but especially the Thanksgiving one - those prairie points are wonderful! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome quilts! I love your "Sew Spooky BOM". Great work. Thank you for sharing them with KISMIF--my link party on Modern Tradition Quilts.--Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.