Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Finish Report!!! Amaretto Cottage finally spotlighted :D

Amaretto Cottage
112" x 112"
pieced in Niceville, FL
quilted by Margaret Gunn of Mainely Quilts of Love
Hobbs Tuscany Wool batting



I am so excited about this quilt. I've been chomping at the bit to get it photo-op'ed - it's been finished for weeks - but it's far too large at 112" square to capture the whole quilt indoors, and it's been too dirty outside between melted snows and muddiness to get its photo. We had a heavy snowfall a few days ago, so my family helped me take it out in the clean blanketing so I could finally post this beauty.



This is a Marianne Elizabeth design in the RJR fabrics intended for a 2012 BOM program, in the honey colorway.



I have never sewn anything so gigantic, but we needed something for a king size bed after this move. 



No way on earth could I quilt this baby at my desk-top machine, so I sent it out for custom longarming even though it's intended for bed use. 



Margaret Gunn did not let me down. She's so talented at creating dynamic, stunning, breath-taking quilting designs with incredible cohesiveness.



Even the challenge of differing grids in sampler-style blocks doesn't keep her from creating amazing unity.



And I absolutely *adore* the organic play she brought into this previously-very-angular quilt. There is so much movement in the curved hatching and the feather trails.



It sits so nicely on the bed, too, with the on-point medallion section of the design sitting perfectly on a king bed. 



The quilting shows up so lovely on the lavender back - I'm sure I'll sometimes use that gorgeousness backside up! 



I am in love. 



Apparently this quilt makes Koko happy, too.  :D





~*~*~*~
Linking up at




41 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! and the quilting is wonderful! I can see why you are so pleased. It looks perfect on your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop whoop whoop! It is gorgeous and looks great on the bed too! Wonderful quilting too! Congrats on a fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyn, what a magnificent quilt! So huge yet beautifully detailed and finished with amazing quilting!!! You must be so delighted! The snow is the perfect backdrop for it too. Did you use cotton or a wool blend batting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is over the top AMAZING!!! Holy Crap! I LOVE it! WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, this is just an amazing quilt. Truly beautiful and I love the setting you took the photos in. Looks gorgeous on the bed too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible quilt! Congrats on such a big 'un!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a simply stunning quilt! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt is spectacular! I was drooling on my computer keyboard! You should be very proud Lynette.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoop! Margaret is a magician on the long arm, I have several quilts from her. Your quilt is a masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Lynette, it's absolutely gorgeous! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoop Whoop!!! I can certainly see why you are in love! It's absolutely stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic quilt, Lyn! It's simply stunning! I can imagine how glorious it looked in person, laying against that white backdrop of snow. And on your bed? Well that looks incredible too. It's a quilt to be truly proud of, and one that I hope you've made a label for. If not, get to it! This is too priceless a quilt not to be documented. Very well done, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is a masterpiece: both piecing and quilting. You will love it every time you walk in your room and see your bed

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilt! You´ve done a great job, sewing this quilt!
    Gun, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. That is a beautiful quilt. I can see why you couldn't wait to get a picture taken. I would want to show that quilt off to everyone... Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know I've told you before, but this quilt is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. It's just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely GORGEOUS!
    The snow pictures are wonderful - it allows the colors and pattern designs to really shine! Congratulations on an incredible finish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Incredibly, fabulously wonderful! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Stunning! I thought I was the only one who attempted those huge quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. One wonders - are you not supposed to be approaching summer sometime soon?? I'm sure I've said it before but this quilt is stunning, and absolutely amazing quilting. An absolute treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can only add my accolades to those above. Your pictures show off all that beauty so wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow. That is absolutely gorgeous. You should be very, very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful quilt. It looks fabulous on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This quilt is stunning...and I think every once and a while you should post these wonderful pictures again because I'll never get tired of seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Stunning! From a distance it looks like a carpet, up close the colours and quilting are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You should be proud! Gorgeous quilt.very intricate! Quilting is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am in love with your quilt too! It is just spectacular in every quilty way!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely stunning Lynn! Your quilter has done you proud too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oohh... I want this one back :-) ...you can have all that snow, but the quilt is beautiful. I'm sure you are pleased to have the binding done too.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  30. How wonderful. Your quilt is beautiful and the quilting just sets it off beautifully. And don't you just love climbing under it at night and then waking up to it in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Everything about this quilt is just downright gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very beautiful! A great illustration of how a good collaboration between piecer and quilter can create something like 2 + 2 = 6.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my, Lyn, what a fabulous quilt! Your piecing is amazing, and so is the quilting! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is just so glorious. Awesomesauce that it's finally OFFICIALLY finished!!! BTW your kitty is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  35. That is one gorgeous quilt (and huge)! I am especially fond of medallion style quilts, though like you, I like them all. To look at that is. Not fond of doing paper piecing or applique, but after I have exhausted what I can do with rectangles, squares and triangles, I may have to conquer that A thing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ohhhh wow!!! So gorgeous! And big! And gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you for linking up in March to Richard and Tanya Quilts on our Link a Finish Friday. We will have a new linkup available every Friday. So stop by and share what you have been working on and check out what others are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello.... I hope you're still there. I have recently purchased the BOM Pattern, but t has no fabric requirements. Do you, by any chance, have those requirements? This would be for the Amaretto Cottage (2012)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.