Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Finish Report (whee!)

So...

I am two for two so far this year!

In January, I finished this incredibly fun, bright and cheery quilt that my cousin's quilty friend had made at a class with her in 2009. She and Kelly had done the class to make themselves do something outside of their boxes. (Kelly was a Thimbleberry girl through and through!) Well, they DESPISED the quilt tops!

Kelly went ahead and got hers quilted at the high school, and put it out on an air mattress when we visited that summer. My daughter RAVED about it, and Kelly gave it to her on the spot. A few weeks later, she called me up, explained that her girlfriend despised her top, too, and would we like it? WOULD WE? lol!!! So, the top was mailed out to us.

Shortly after that, Kelly passed away at far too young an age. Heartbroken, I didn't do anything with the top until this year. The time seemed perfect for pulling out something connected to Kelly and finishing it up. (When I went back for her funeral, I gathered all the unfinished projects I could find and shipped them home so I could finish them for her children.)

Found a perfect backing fabric, paid Patty at Katydids Quilting to do a really cute edge-to-edge, and then hunkered down with some fun movies to stitch the binding. And, voila! One very cute, perky twin-sized quilt!

~*~*~

My second finish, from this month, is another quilt of Kelly's, and it's a perfect example of her favorite style and colors. I don't know when she pieced this one, but it should have been either 2008 or 2009. She'd had it quilted at the high school, which she was usually happy with. This time, though, there were a lot of problems that she didn't feel like dealing with, so she folded it and left it on a shelf. So, I patiently unknotted the bobbin nests and hand-worked those areas, then trimmed and bound the quilt for her son. It's going out to Washington state as soon as I verify the mailing address. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.