Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Monday, January 17, 2022

BOMs Away - a Weekend In

                  

Welcome to the Link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!

Where we share what we're doing on a BOM type project
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom)


I got a lot of sewing done on BOMs and such this weekend! We have a dramatic Covid spike in our area at the moment, so we decided we were just going to enjoy Home for the time being. 

This week's BOM was our Temperature Quilt.  All those dots from the last cutting session provided the final 5 for the last row I'd worked on assembling last month. . . 



And then made 4+ more rows!  



I cut out all the dots from Thanksgiving to the end of the year . . . 


And I prepped the documentation block for the bottom:


I always use the back-basting method for hand applique. For this block, I printed out my words in a font I liked, taped it upside down on my light box, and trace the outlines onto the back of my block's foundation. That's all the prep there is! The remainder is restful stitching during TV time.  


I used cutouts from the temperature blocks to prep the Key dots. 

 

Well, up to 65 degrees - after that I had to cut fresh dots out of the hotter colors. Our highest low was only 65 degrees. I never got to use my two hottest colors, as the highest high was only 95. 





And that pile of the other 350 cut-outs - I realized they would make excellent berries for some other project, so I put them in a baggie and stored them in my little Extra Applique Pieces drawer!  Future fun with those. 

While assembling my dots, I ran out of Stitch-Off pieces, so I prepped another round of those.



And I finished up the quilting of the large gray areas on my King size Dinner Plate Dahlia. . . After Navarre helped me figure out a template for my spines!




 This is my January longarming UFO focus, and I'm eager to get it onto the bed. 

A good bunch of work accomplished!  :)


~*~*~*~

Did you work on a BOM type project this week? We'd love to see your progress!

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up, and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides 


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for one marvelous posting! I enjoyed reading it; you are a great author. I will make sure to bookmark your blog and may come back someday. I want to encourage that you continue your great posts.
    wordpress
    blogspot
    youtube
    កីឡាបាល់ទាត់

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the informative post. Keep on writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your post, I always like to read quality content

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like to read quality content and you have one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very amazing post. Great job you made in this post

    ReplyDelete
  6. The website style is perfect; the articles are great

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.